Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harman Kardon Citation XXP and XX Amp

Citation XX and X-II - SOLD!

Thanks to all that have shown interest over the years. I appreciate the help that some of you offered.

There were so many fakes I've had to deal with on these items that led to many wasted hours of time.

The good news, the Citations have been SOLD and are now in the hands of a real collector and serious buyer.

Have a great day!

It's singing again and wardswebs will be soon also!

Smile Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer View Post
    It's singing again and wardswebs will be soon also!
    Way to go Mark! Congratulations! and Thanks.

Gratitude to you my friend. Your new career took you away from your passion with this unit. I've owned a lot of amps but the fun has been in the chase. You gave me a great deal and I appreciate it. Let me know what else you got. You have my email. Thanks again!

More Citation

Thanks Mark. I do have a Citation 21, 22, and 23 if interested. Let me know....they need a good home.

Just got them backed and hooked them up to a pair of 4313B's
    I have to tell you in just the limited listening seesion of 30 minutes I am overjoyed! The room that was built for listen is a week from completion. Luther......these are e real deal You got to get yours up and running!!!!

I have only 30 minutes in them. I'll get back after breaking them in.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Obsolete

Too bad they didn't make more of them.

Nice - I love a happy ending !

jblnut

It's been a while so I don't feel I'm barging in here. Hoping you guys will help me out. I need to know where to attach my dvm to adjust bias on my Citation XX. Might as well have two happy endings, no? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    That's a lot of parts to stuff into that space.

Quote Originally Posted by gasfan View Post
    It's been a while so I don't feel I'm barging in here. Hoping you guys will help me out. I need to know where to attach my dvm to adjust bias on my Citation XX. Might as well have two happy endings, no? Thanks in advance.

Out of interst, did you ever get the information you asked for ?

I'm in the process of having my XX restored and may be able to assist ?

regards

Scott
    Thats not a speaker ......*That's* a Speaker !
    (With apologies to Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee)

I would suggest you post the question on diyAudio. Lots of knowledgable folks there.

Quote Originally Posted by Audionutz View Post
    Out of interst, did you ever get the information you asked for ?

I'm in the process of having my XX restored and may be able to assist ?

regards

Scott
    Thank you. I've been in contact with Bob, the guy who rebuilt Audiobeer's XX as seen here. I have psu parts on the way. I want to refurb the power supply as a precaution on Bob's advice. However there's an anomaly I haven't gotten a definitive answer about. If I zero the offset on both channels, it jumps to -65mv as soon as I hook up speakers(no signal). If I then zero the offset, it goes to +65mv as soon as I disconnect the load. Strange. Someone on DIY suggested it's oscillating at HF. I've yet to put on a scope but I'm thinking to wait til I redo the psu. Even though manufacturers recommend no load when checking offset, they do so as a precaution to prevent accidents. Offset should not change with or without a load as long as there's no signal.

Quote Originally Posted by gasfan View Post
    Thank you. I've been in contact with Bob, the guy who rebuilt Audiobeer's XX as seen here. I have psu parts on the way. I want to refurb the power supply as a precaution on Bob's advice. However there's an anomaly I haven't gotten a definitive answer about. If I zero the offset on both channels, it jumps to -65mv as soon as I hook up speakers(no signal). If I then zero the offset, it goes to +65mv as soon as I disconnect the load. Strange. Someone on DIY suggested it's oscillating at HF. I've yet to put on a scope but I'm thinking to wait til I redo the psu. Even though manufacturers recommend no load when checking offset, they do so as a precaution to prevent accidents. Offset should not change with or without a load as long as there's no signal.
    Apologies for the delay in responding.

My XX remains in sickbay I'm afraid. It now appears to have a fault in one of the Hybrid Modules. The ones with the thick film resistors sandwiched in the board, that nobody can repair.

Do you know if the gentleman you mention above has had any success repairing these Hybrid Modules, or has any information as to who/how it might be done ?

Regards

Scott
    Thats not a speaker ......*That's* a Speaker !
    (With apologies to Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee)

Quote Originally Posted by Audionutz View Post
    Apologies for the delay in responding.

My XX remains in sickbay I'm afraid. It now appears to have a fault in one of the Hybrid Modules. The ones with the thick film resistors sandwiched in the board, that nobody can repair.

Do you know if the gentleman you mention above has had any success repairing these Hybrid Modules, or has any information as to who/how it might be done ?

Regards

Scott
    Here is Bob's moniker at AK: wlhd1610 He's the gentleman who did the rebuild showcased there.

Thread Information