Thread: Please help me with a few questions

00Robin

Please help me with a few questions

Do any of you JBL men know about the JBLO D130 TW35 Wolverine Speakers? #230143925572 ebay

Or any info about the University JBL vintage 35 watt ones?

Those great Monitors SEAWOLF likes so much ARE available and they are very close to me but they are $1800 name is Brad and he's very personable 616-893-9265 I do NOT know him or am affiliated,it's just the conclusion of a week long thread about the zero buyer from France via shipping expenses.

These other two are affordable and appear pretty nice,especially the Wolverines. Don't laugh,my mother Is 79 and "loves" the colonial look and HATES my 604c's,so this could be a compromise in the big room and I'll put the 604's in my room. Blow me outta the bed, but....just a short yay nay or what are you doing will work. Thanks guys.

I thought Wolverine was an EV trade name for one of their speaker lines, and University was owned by Altec, not JBL.

00Robin
    Mr. Harvey,the photos of the open Wolverines do show the JBL logo along with Wolverine written across them if you look closely,I think they do when scrollong down.
    I could try to link them for a real look for you which I would SO appreciate. Robin
    Last edited by 00Robin; 10-03-2007 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Mr. Harvey was right about the Universities.

00Robin
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=014

I don't see any JBL on these anywhere.

The first auction is for a JBL D130, AND an Electro Voice Wolverine horn tweeter. The tweeter is NOT a JBL product.

The second auction is for a University speaker (made around the time that Ling/Tempco/Voight/Chance/Altec bought the University company). No relation whatsoever to JBL.

00Robin
    Okay,VERY last question Mr. Harvey, would the first auction be a decent speaker,or crap. Be brutal. I'll not bother you again. Respectfully,Robin

Quote Originally Posted by 00Robin View Post
    Okay,VERY last question Mr. Harvey, would the first auction be a decent speaker,or crap. Be brutal. I'll not bother you again. Respectfully,Robin
    Basically, you'd be paying a lot for a pair of JBL D130's and a couple of "nice" cabinets. The Wolverine tweeter was part of Electro Voice's "budget line"; not particularly high quality.

At $760, I think it's way over priced; 4 to $500 would be more in line with my estimate of its actual worth, but collectors do crazy things sometimes, so who knows?

And it's no bother, Robin. (And I'm not "Mr. Harvey" or "Mr. Gerst"; I'm just "Harvey".

00Robin
    Thank you. I had that feeling too. I was thinking more of $350 though. Oh well, the store that has them has quite the array of overpriced goodies.

Just a thank you and lets drop this thread. I appreciate the time you took for me.

Oh, and since you like gospel and funk, here are some tracks by a Christian funk group I'm currently recording. The group is called "Chosen":

http://www.ITRstudio.com/who you are.mp3

http://www.ITRstudio.com/Right Here.mp3

http://www.itrstudio.com/rejoice.mp3

What a shame

TW 35 on the bottom of the cabs

Quote Originally Posted by jblwolf View Post
    TW 35 on the bottom of the cabs
    Hey, the system probably sounds better that way.

Thread Information