Hello all! I'm new to this forum, but not too unfamiliar with JBL, Altec, etc. I know I'll have plenty of questions as time goes on, but for now I'd like some ideas for an electronic crossover. I am in the process of building a "music room" where I can play guitar, etc. I have a pair of small monitors that I would like to add a subwoofer to. For now I'd like to buy a crossover and use a pair of D140's that I have for the low end (I know, not ideal, but I have to build the system up gradually to keep the boss (wife) happy). I used to have a Crown VFX-2A , but it's long gone. I have seen them on EvilBay, but I was wondering if I couldn't do better with something a little more current (better phase response?). I've looked at dbx, Rane, Behringer, etc. Ideally, I'd like to find one that has separate high and low pass frequency adjustments like the Crown used to have (for setting assymetrical crossover points). I have not had any success finding (at a reasonable price) anything like the Crown, except for Behringer's least expensive unit that has a separate subwoofer out and crossover adjustment.

I also have a pair of Altec 511B horns with LE175's that I'll eventually use with the woofers. Any suggestions for something to shoot for eventually in the way of bass drivers? Drivers that could work as subwoofers for now, and part of a integrated system later. I'm open for suggestions!

David