Thread: Vintage Wisdom: Sell her on your Electronics Projects

Vintage Wisdom: Sell her on your Electronics Projects

Courtesy of Electronics Illustrated, c1959 by Carl Kohler. A "schemeatic" for successfully handling an age old issue...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    You'll never hear me use the term "musical", sweet" or "warm" to describe equipment sonics.

LOL, not sure that will work for all of us, but its an interesting article...

My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy with these Dynaco A-25's, and they are relatively small, she doesn't understand why I need them...

She's happy with her IPOD and docking station (and thinks I should be too), that, oh by the way, cost ME $750.. and I think is worthless; but God forbid if I tell her that, I'll be in the doghouse, but then again she's allowed to get away with hollering at me for speakers that I paid for??

I explained to her quite nicely, that its just as easy for her to hook up her IPOD to my receiver and play it through the Dynacos, but she insists that the docking station is better... and sounds better since its "made" for the IPOD...

Hmm, something doesn't seem right here, but then again it seems that I'm not the only one dealing with this "Age Old" issue... despite it being with newer electronics...

At least I'm not married yet, then I'm in real trouble .

Cool The Art of Influence

First of all, the article is a big laugh, although it's so darn mysogynistic in its tone that I should be ashamed to enjoy it.

Second, both men and women enjoy iPods and iPod docks and prefer them over big, clunky antiques.

Third, we never win anyone over through condescension or lecturing, so the art of subtle influence is a good tool, but updated from the time of the article.

Fourth, my GF loved to listen to her MacBook and iPod through ear buds and was quite pleased, plus she was happy with the iPod playing through a little system like the JBL Creature II, which I got on open box special at MacMall. To move her along, I suggested inviting her friends over for a dinner, karaoke, and dancing party, and helped her preset the music on her iPod via iTunes. After one song on the Creature II, the next words out of her mouth were, "Baby, can you hook this up to your speakers?" I placed it in the super deal Kensington iPod dock (with remote that I got off Woot.com) that's always hooked up to the system with the Perfomance Series, clicked it to Stereo7, and blew the roof off.

The JBL Creature II never got used at home again.

Hmm, sounds like something to consider .

Thread Information