Thread: Burnt Orange Quadrex- Nice Job Indy!

Burnt Orange Quadrex- Nice Job Indy!

Wow, they match my 75 Olds! I just bought the speakers from a buddy who bought them new. They originally had brown grills, but I opted for the retro look. New binding posts, 16AWG wire & new caps and I'll be in business.

Attached Images Attached Images   

Nice!

Reminds me of my first L100 sighting.
    And, first waterbed, too.

Both the waterbed and JBL's are still with me today...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Thank you Jay! I am enjoying see your car and the other "stuff" in the garage.

The finish on your Ls look great. What kind of adhesive did you use to attach your inserts?

Best Regards,
    Indy

Quote Originally Posted by jaynemo View Post
    Wow, they match my 75 Olds! I just bought the speakers from a buddy who bought them new. They originally had brown grills, but I opted for the retro look. New binding posts, 16AWG wire & new caps and I'll be in business.

Last edited by indycraft; 08-31-2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: n

Thumbs up

Yes, they look great, don't they?

All you looky-loos who'd like a pair of the Collector's Editon foam grille inserts can make a donation to Lansing Heritage to get a chance to win a pair, donated to the site by indycraft.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ad.php?t=18099

Check it out!

Quadrex Adhesive

I used DAP Weldwood contact cement. I had about a half a gallon left over from the bar top project, works well...

Here are my Ultra Blue Quadrex by Indy

Not the greatest pic, doesn't really do them justice.
    Grille frames were made by rww1951, fantastic workmanship on both of their parts! Indy, I used a good grade of silicone rubber to attach the your foam grilles to the frames.

Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Love the Heathkit... there was a time when I wanted to build that particular
    model -so- bad...

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Love the Heathkit... there was a time when I wanted to build that particular
    model -so- bad...
    Hi Grumpy,
    I built the AR-1515 shown in the summer of '77. I couldn't wait to get it together. The L100's sound really good with it pushin' them. I have the tone controls set at "0" and the loudness compensation engaged. It still functions quite well, with the exception of the LED readout for the AM/FM. Most of the time it works the way it's suppose to.
    I replaced all the incandescent display bulbs with high output white LEDs. With the incandescent bulbs the display was green instead of blue, difficult to read since they weren't that bright and would burn out often. The LEDs shouldn't burn out in my lifetime.

Larry

Arrow

As these unsolicited testimonials prove, your love life, health, mental outlook, and prestige in the community will all improve if you own a pair of these L100 foam grille inserts. And if you have a pair of the deluxe Collectors Series Quadrex grilles like the ones offered in our Lansing Heritage fundraiser, I'm told it will make your ?&#!$ bigger, too.*

Go here now, and donate to LH for your chance to win: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ad.php?t=18099

*There is no scientific basis for this unspecified claim, but everyone knows it's true.

Thread Information