Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Member's who have passed away.

Thumbs up

Nicely written.

To 00Robin.

Do you, like me, sometimes feel like he (she) is in the room or house?

Quote Originally Posted by Docspeakers View Post
    I am retired and have plenty of time to share old memories with those interested., just go easy on an Old Man, I'm not too good on a computer.
    Welcome to the forum Doc!
    We are glad to have you here. This place can be a lot of fun and there are a lot of very nice people here, all in all a great place. Take your time and dont worry about that computer, we look forward to hearing from you,

Fred

I to saw the dorment post.

It was a bit unusual to see,but considering that posted information really has an infinate life span its good to see Toms thoughts still being discussed.

I suggest that the Moderators create a new icon honoring those who have shared there time here and gone on.

I was thinking of a small eternal flame icon that would be added to all of the deceased members posts.Rolling over the icon could bring up a member deceased notation.

This sorta fits all religions and hopefully would not irritate anyone.

Thoughts???

Oldmics

00Robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    To 00Robin.

Do you, like me, sometimes feel like he (she) is in the room or house?
    No doubt about it. It's a comfort,never a fear either. He's ALWAYS there. I still drive his 20 year old Cadillac too. 50.000 on it.
    Any time,and I got them for about three years,I got a call or a card,I ALWAYS took the time to write whoever to tell them Grandpa had passed away. It was awful sweet too. He was just all covered up in bed,not a mussed up blanket or anything. Just passed in his sleep with his little dog Shelley in bed with him.
    Daddy knew because when he took the mail over and to share a pot of Joe,Shelley,his dog, was still in bed and wouldn't come to the door. So Daddy just removed the hinges and called the coroner.
    But ,yes,even though now I'm in my Dad's home now,and he passed about two years ago,I still have his favorite table with the slate top and a million little drawers next to his ANCIENT and super thick leather chair with brass tacks on giant casters. All his little goodies are all there,and believe me,I dig through there every day for something,some nut or a certain glue.or double sided tape,you name it...he's there,and I get to sink into that 55 year old creased and button tucked black THICK leather chair and footstool. Every night,with his Tole lamp lit with a green bulb,"for ambiance" he told me. His hat with the phaesant feather hatband still perches on the coatrack by the milk can of canes and bats and a weird cane with a long knife in the bottom. His famous sawed off 22,barely(not)legal. He always said "just let'em have it through the door! But brace it against your hip and aim low,you'll hit'em on the upswing!"

Nah,this is how its supposed to be. Lonely and missing him,but no pain and so gentlemanly. Wrapped in a wool Pendleton Robe in the winter,too. I probably look like a crazy lady,but I still have his lighter and the last pack of cigs in the pockets. I love the smell.
    And Little Walther is slid on my side by the cushion,where he's been as long as I can remember. And music has always been our best friends.

Today, Sept 26 I am sorry to tell you a bad story, just have to. On the10th (Sept) a "close" member of my family past away.

The 21st the father of a good friend or my passed away.

The same day, (21st) a very good friend from the childhood/young days passed away. He was only 54.

I am sorry to write this, but feel I have to.

Tomorrow is my friends burial.

It's a hard time. Love you all.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Robin View Post
    Any time,and I got them for about three years,I got a call or a card,I ALWAYS took the time to write whoever to tell them Grandpa had passed away.
    00Robin,

Your last couple of post are very poingnant. I share many of your feelings from my dad's passing going on 5 years ago in December. I bought his house...the house I grew up in, that now houses three + generations of stuff...furniture, collectibles, keepsakes, etc.

That part that infuriates me is the part that I quoted from you. I have called, written, yelled, cussed, screamed...and now I just laugh...at the incompetence and downright ignoring of the fact that I have let every caller and mailing list sender know that my mother, father, grandmother and grandfather that they are all dead and to please stop calling for them and stop sending pre-approved credit card offers to them. My mom has been gone for 25 years and she still gets credit card offers in the mail. Same with my grandfather who has been dead since 1972...and he has never lived at this address. My dad's college alma mater still hasn't taken him off the list of the living after speaking with them and wrtining to them more than once.

That's why I started this thread. Let's let the passed not have to worry about unfinished and/or new business in this dimension....there isn't a forwarding address for the post office....they have enough trouble with the ones here already.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Tomorrow is my friends burial.

It's a hard time. Love you all.
    Peace and tranquility to you, Rolf, at this difficult time.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

It's a hard time.
    Gee whiz, Rolf - that is terrible.

A toast to the good memory of your friendships...

00Robin
    Edgewound,your name tells our story. And Rolf...So many people. My best bud's sister's husband felt sick and on the way to the hospital,3 whole miles,he died in her lap. We finished that memorial a week ago.
    All I or we can say is TREASURE our time. Love the music. Play with the stuff and keep on. My Daddy also has a HUGE antique toy collection from the 30's until about '78. Lots of German clockwork toys that really shift and run with sensors so they won't fall off a table. But my favorites are the Tonkas fom the late 50's to early 70's. I have THOUSANDS to disperse someday.
    Until we all meet,keep it up. The music is our souls.

Rolf

Sorry to hear of your losses.

Hi Rolf,
    My sincere condolences for all your recent loss.

Fred

Sorry for your grief and pain.
    May it go more gently with you.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I'm sorry for your losses Rolf. You have my deepest sympathy.

-Tim

Thanks for all the kind words my friends. But we just have to go on, taking with us all the good memories from those past away.

A little story at the end of this: My friend bought a pair of L16 together with a Luxman receiver in the 70's. He was using the system right to the end.

Thread Information