Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 57 of 57

Thread: Member's who have passed away.

  1. #46
    00Robin
    Guest
    awwww. I loved those big ole Lux's. Time does heal,although I never believed it would. It does,but there are good days and bad days. I hope you let your bad days turn into the good.

    The music will heal that torn soul.

  2. #47
    Senior Member kingjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    chicago,IL
    Posts
    1,346
    Sorry Rolf for you're loss.Childhood friends are the hardest to let go of as I know from experience.

    In times like these I have always found music to be a good friend indeed. Even today there are a few pieces of music that when I listen to them they still give me goosebumps.

  3. #48
    RIP 2013 Rolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Skien, Norway
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
    Sorry Rolf for you're loss.Childhood friends are the hardest to let go of as I know from experience.

    In times like these I have always found music to be a good friend indeed. Even today there are a few pieces of music that when I listen to them they still give me goosebumps.
    I have done the same over the past week(s). Listening to music that means something. Sometimes with tears in my face.

  4. #49
    RIP 2013 Rolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Skien, Norway
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Robin View Post
    awwww. I loved those big ole Lux's. Time does heal,although I never believed it would. It does,but there are good days and bad days. I hope you let your bad days turn into the good.

    The music will heal that torn soul.
    This is not a big Luxman. A 30-60W ore something. Sounded good on the L16 anyway.

  5. #50
    00Robin
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
    Sorry Rolf for you're loss.Childhood friends are the hardest to let go of as I know from experience.

    In times like these I have always found music to be a good friend indeed. Even today there are a few pieces of music that when I listen to them they still give me goosebumps.

    yup. I've even had a song come on the radio out of the blue in the middle of the interstate between Sheridan and Billings...no traffic,so I pulled over,turned it up and I danced,and I cried as hard as I danced until I wore myself out. It was a good 10 minutes before one lone truck went by across the other way.
    I'm having one of those days today....time heals,but the pain comes back even heavier some days. Except I'm in Michigan.

  6. #51
    MJ Bing
    Guest

    Thumbs up Visit

    Harvey

    Please don"t check you suit in untill I"ve had a chance
    to come up and visit with you.

    Michael

  7. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sanger, Texas
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ Bing View Post
    Harvey

    Please don"t check you suit in until I"ve had a chance to come up and visit with you.
    Michael,

    I have no intention of cashing in any time soon. I AM planning on going out in the RV more, and taking the boat out a lot more. And I'm still very active as a recording engineer and designer.

  8. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    102

    Harvey come see me!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Gerst View Post
    Michael,

    I have no intention of cashing in any time soon. I AM planning on going out in the RV more, and taking the boat out a lot more. And I'm still very active as a recording engineer and designer.
    I am in Little Rock, Arkansas, next time you fire up the RV and "Head East" (vague music reference) come by and see me. We'll plug in the RV, I'll fire up the grill and we can sit around drinking coffe, tea or whiskey and swap stories.
    Just drop me a line when it's time.

    Mike

  9. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Central Coast California
    Posts
    9,041

    Smile Survivor

    Yesterday at 11:00 AM I celebrated six years of surviving a heart attack. Inasmuch as I expected to be dead within seconds, it's great to be alive. A couple of Bayer Aspirin and a trip to the Kaiser Permanente emergency room put me right, and six days later I was out of intensive care and almost able to walk to the bathroom again.

    Think of everything I would have missed here (and all that you could have avoided) had the tide turned against me. Well, when I do become a topic for this thread, here are some paraphrased words from Laura Nyro that the mods can put up:

    And when I die, and when I'm gone
    there'll be, one JBL child born
    in this world
    to carry on, to carry on


    (Of course Blood, Sweat, and Tears made it famous.)

    It's my job to see that there's a JBL child or two following behind me. Like most of you, I've been working on it, and that's the best legacy for the site: two members who dig Lansing Heritage to replace me.

  10. #55
    J.A.F.S.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Back in the audio lab.
    Posts
    382

    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Yesterday at 11:00 AM I celebrated six years of surviving a heart attack. Inasmuch as I expected to be dead within seconds, it's great to be alive. A couple of Bayer Aspirin and a trip to the Kaiser Permanente emergency room put me right, and six days later I was out of intensive care and almost able to walk to the bathroom again.

    Think of everything I would have missed here (and all that you could have avoided) had the tide turned against me. Well, when I do become a topic for this thread, here are some paraphrased words from Laura Nyro that the mods can put up:

    And when I die, and when I'm gone
    there'll be, one JBL child born
    in this world
    to carry on, to carry on

    (Of course Blood, Sweat, and Tears made it famous.)

    It's my job to see that there's a JBL child or two following behind me. Like most of you, I've been working on it, and that's the best legacy for the site: two members who dig Lansing Heritage to replace me.
    Sage words - well spoken...
    Amazed I'm still alive!
    Tim

  11. #56
    JBL 4645
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Yesterday at 11:00 AM I celebrated six years of surviving a heart attack. Inasmuch as I expected to be dead within seconds, it's great to be alive. A couple of Bayer Aspirin and a trip to the Kaiser Permanente emergency room put me right, and six days later I was out of intensive care and almost able to walk to the bathroom again.

    Think of everything I would have missed here (and all that you could have avoided) had the tide turned against me. Well, when I do become a topic for this thread, here are some paraphrased words from Laura Nyro that the mods can put up:

    And when I die, and when I'm gone
    there'll be, one JBL child born
    in this world
    to carry on, to carry on

    (Of course Blood, Sweat, and Tears made it famous.)

    It's my job to see that there's a JBL child or two following behind me. Like most of you, I've been working on it, and that's the best legacy for the site: two members who dig Lansing Heritage to replace me.

    What JBL clones?

    I read a little on page 3 but couldn’t read anymore because I get very sensitive to certain mellow dramatic words, and I start to get depressed. So I moved on to page 4.

    Peace.

  12. #57
    Senior Member tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    calabasas ca
    Posts
    357
    On a lighter note,

    There are things we can do,

    To lengthen our time here,

    With less ill health.

    Carbon 60 molecules are proving to assist,

    In better health -




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MEMBERS OF LHF
    By Rolf in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-17-2007, 11:50 AM
  2. I propose a video tour of & for members
    By sonofagun in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 12:41 AM
  3. California Members any Members
    By kingjames in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •