Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Building the 4345/4344

4344 plans

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Loizeaux
    I think there would be great interest, at least here in the Forum, for buying a complete set of detailed plans for building the 4344.
    So who's going to step up and agree to coordinate getting these plans and crossover info together?
    Tom
    Hi Tom,

I can do it , but need a precise measurement of original cabs.....(handdrawn)
    incl. the type of used material.

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie
    Building one of these is not something that comes straight off the blue print and I think any notion of "selling" plans is totally off the wall. What would be worth while and is sadly lacking is a product profile like the 4430 in the Library.There's more factual knowledge there than half the crap slapped over the forums by people who are simply clueless and guessing.

A mentor is a must!
    Hello Ian - If you or another forum member decides to build a "Product Profile" on the 4343 - 4344 - 4345, I would be happy to provide the plans that I have accumulated for these monitor enclosures. I have detailed drawings for the 4343 and the 4345. My 4344 plans are lacking a few details but are close. Although the original baffle layout on the 4344 has flaws, I have original baffle info should anyone want it.

My plans are no more than detailed drawings of how JBL built the cabinets and of course, as you well know by now, I do not have the electronic background to assist beyond cabinet construction. I would gladly provide what I have with the understanding that they are just detailed drawings. There is no amount of information that could be added to these drawings, that would allow an individual with no skills to produce a quality end product. The individual builder must have the knowledge to choose correct materials and make necessary joints to build the enclosure.

I did some time ago provide detailed drawings of the 4350. To my knowledge nobody to this date has bellied up to the bar and started building a pair. The information is none the less there.

I don't think money should change hands for this type of information. Unless I've missed something in my time on the forum, the members have freely shared info in their respective areas of expertise. I have benefitted many times from you, Giskard and many others on my projects. I'm happy to return the favor and provide any info that I have.

Some good thoughts and some rambling - Rick

JBL 4344 Enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Under ConstructionThis thread will be dedicated to those members wishing to construct the vintage JBL 4345/4344 Professional Series Studio Monitors.Over the next few weeks I will document blue prints (in JBL Blue..LOL) and provide a Step by Step Guide to Enclosure and Crossover Network Design & Construction.Some of you will have already been this route with the 4343 so please your collective wisdom and knowledge is most welcomeIan Mackenzie.
    Hi Ian,I'm looking to build a pair of JBL 4344 clones and found your thread on the forum.How did the your build go and, of course, do you have any plans to share?Thanks

Some reference reading for you.

Google Search ( for ) JBL Cabinet Plans.

This website does have some most excellent plans for a 4344 on it ( albiet with a modified // better layout )

Depending on the amount of handholding you might need, you may want to employ Ian as a consultant for your project.

I have the drawings.4344

Send a pm with your e-mail.
    The file is too large for the forum.
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

Thread Information