Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
Audiophile describes a person and his or her emotional commitment to sound. It really has nothing to do with what equipment you own, how much you spend, what kind of music you listen to, how you connect your components, what media you use, etc. Each of these things will tell other audiophiles about your personal path, but that's all.
Completely agree with TD's very well thought out response.

Audiophile has become a commercial term to describe someone who is advanced in their sound hobby/passion. I don't see it as derogatory. I would never use the term on myself, but some of my friends may use it to label me.

I have paged through Audiophile Magazine...it all seems to be salon or boutique equiptment for the bored wealthy. Never saw any JBL there.

In fact I consider JBL as an upper mid level product, one that was originally targeted to the doctor, lawyer , engineer or professional. The prices have always been a little high for us "working stiffs".. Now, later in life we can afford many of the things we once lusted after but could not aquire at that time, and classic JBL is one of those things.

Audiophile ?? a term that never enters my daily life and seems linked to the 1950's. IMHO.