Thread: JBL 4312 ?'s

dgorshe

JBL 4312 ?'s

Well i got a set of them for $150. only down side is that they were a floor model(when bought by the original owner in the 80's) and ends up they are not mirror imaged. were some 4312's made that werent mirror imaged? even if not i dont really care the L-100's werent mirror imaged and sounded great as do these speakers, but i was just wondering.

Hey, and welcome...

The 4312's were mirrored in their later iterations, but it's unlikely the difference is that noticeable. If it is, switch the cabinets side-for-side... JK...

IMO, 4312's are materially better than L100's (wow, without smily faces = a weak moment for me...). In the L100 there are issues with the MF LE5-2 that were improved-upon in later versions, and which the 4312 incorporate. The LF's are not so very sonically different, however, but I find I prefer the 2213H in A/B tests (done this on my pair of 4312 L/R's).

If you find pleasure in placing these on stands, some here find that improves definition of the LF. Your ears, your choice - the 4312's won't mind being above the rugrats...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

dgorshe
    yeh they are on stands right now and i find the lows to be alot crisper on the 4312's compared to the l-100a's but maybe im dreaming

I don't think so, but it is subtle.

Are you drunk...? You and that Alex...

I don't endorse things like what I'm about to suggest, but if you can round-up a pair of 128H's, you might swap them in and do an A/B comparison. Boy-howdy, is that the finest 12-in JBL produced. Man... Almost as good as the LE10H...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

dgorshe
    I just sold an LE10-H that need a re foam for a cheap little price. I am not familiar with the 128H i only know of the 123(t hink) that came in the L-100's

Thread Information