View Poll Results: Your opinion: Which speaker is better?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • JBL L300 Summit

30 51.72%
  • JBL 250Ti

28 48.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Debate: JBL 250TI vs JBL L300 Summit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Debate: JBL 250TI vs JBL L300 Summit

With the recent discussion of the L300's, I was just cururious to know other peoples opinion on the JBL 250TI vs JBL L300 Summit.

Anyone care to start?

I am of course biased -- 250TIs are the way to go. However, would a pair of L300's be just as good?

-Storm.

There is quite the different kind of sound from the L300 with 15s and a pair of compression drivers vs the 250 4-ways with TIs. You really ought to find someone with some L300s/4333s etc so you can hear what that kind of sound is like, and compare it to what you know from your "pyramids".

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    With the recent discussion of the L300's, I was just curious to know other peoples opinion on the JBL 250TI vs JBL L300 Summit.

Anyone care to start?

I am of course biased -- 250TIs are the way to go. However, would a pair of L300's be just as good?

-Storm.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 250 TI complete manual

hello all,

I am looking for the complete manual on JBL 250TI lemited edition or classic edition.

thank you for your answers.

250Ti manual

http://www.retrevo.com/samples/JBL-Speaker-manuals.html

Je pense que vous pouvez le trouver là avec peu d'effort.
    Out.

Two very different animals - which one is best depends on the listener's ears and music selection.

One thing they do share is a wonderfully aesthetic design.

As you can tell by my avatar, I'm an L300 fan, but I would not pass up a 250Ti if the opportunity presented itself. The 250Ti has newer drivers and a more advanced crossover, plus it's a four way. I might pass up an L300, but only because I'm building a DIY 4344.

The 200 XPL and Performance Series would be better to compare to the 250 Ti.
    "Zobel is as zobel does"

I guess I'm partial as well.......I heard the 250's back when they first came out. I was impressed but wasn't floored. I like the "In your Face" forward sound from the L100, 200B, 300.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedpig View Post
    I like the "In your Face" forward sound from the L100, 200B, 300.
    Disqualified.

L300 is not "forward."

Big difference. With L300, JBL abandoned "West Coast" and never looked back.

Listen again....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

If the criteria is in a medium to large room in a house, integrated as a part of a more or less normal living environment, then the 250Ti hands down.

If it's in the full-basement rec room, which is dedicated to partying and general carrying on, then probably the L300.

This sounds like another ongoing argument that could never end.

Tastes great, less filling....250Ti.

Tastes great, more satiating....L300
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound View Post
    Tastes great, less filling....250Ti.

Tastes great, more satiating....L300

Lazarus has risen from the dead.

Lazarus has risen from the dead;
    This post will a bit be off thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    If the criteria is in a medium to large room in a house, integrated as a part of a more or less normal living environment, then the 250Ti hands down.

If it's in the full-basement rec room, which is dedicated to partying and general carrying on, then probably the L300.
    Since this thread came back to life from its five year death sleep, I want to revise my position (of course). I'm less impressed with the L300 five years later and more impressed with the 250 family of speakers.

Since I've finally found, listened to, and purchased some really wonderful sounding horns, the L300 is a victim of its age. As a historical piece, yes, it's still a hair-raising, butt-kicking, head smashing killer, but it really does not compete with current horn technology and design--in my opinion. Still, hearing Ian Gillan screaming Space Truckin' on L300s is a guilty pleasure I would never turn down.

The 250 family still competes very well with current offerings. Listening right this moment to my stock L250s in my office, they're clearly delivering a compelling, satisfying, musically realistic experience. The Frankenstein PT250s, in which I just added the LE14H-3 driver to the 908Ti, 904Ti, and 044Ti, are showing the brilliance of the design and its enduring nature.

The fact that we've been working on these 250s for a while prejudices me. If I had decided to "fix" a pair of L300s, I could have ended up liking them more, but I think the L300 is not a good candidate for anything other than being an L300. OTOH, an L250 or 250Ti has enough promise in it to warrant some "improving" and tinkering to see what a great design can yield.

Okay, go back to sleep.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Lazarus has risen from the dead;

The fact that we've been working on these 250s for a while prejudices me. If I had decided to "fix" a pair of L300s, I could have ended up liking them more, but I think the L300 is not a good candidate for anything other than being an L300. OTOH, an L250 or 250Ti has enough promise in it to warrant some "improving" and tinkering to see what a great design can yield.

Okay, go back to sleep.
    Lest we forget the manual (from the Master) to improve both the 250Ti and the 4345, both mentioned on this thread.
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ht=#post110075

I agree that the L300 updated would not be an L300. It is a home 4333; I have a pair of those (my home theater noise makers) and they were improved through the years, culminating with the 4345. The L300 was never updated. If you really like what it does, seek a 4350. Many if not most 4350s went into Disco clubs, where they excelled at ear splitting distortion free entertainment. Me? I went for the 4345 and nobody has ever suggested that I got an underperforming pair of speakers.

If you can't find a pair of 4350s, member SAEMAN could build you a pair, if he still occupies his spare time with such pursuits. He builds better than new, and prices accordingly.

Clark
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

[QUOTE=Titanium Dome;333010]Lazarus has risen from the dead;
    ...."Still, hearing Ian Gillan screaming Space Truckin' on L300s is a guilty pleasure I would never turn down......" QUOTE]

Amen to that.

Rich

Thanks titanium dome

Best regards.

Fabrice

Post jbl 250ti classic édition vs l300 summit/ 4333a

I wanted to share with you my listening on the model 250TI "Classic Edition" compare to models before I got to know the l300 and 4333a and well for me 250TI go much further in terms of sound reproduction, they are much more balanced and accurate with a great soundstage and a much higher power handling for the 300 and 4333 I do not regret this purchase and for me an unbeatable value for money (1500euros / 2000 euros) compared to that in L300 worth 3500 euros ....

Thread Information