View Poll Results: Your opinion: Which speaker is better?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • JBL L300 Summit

30 51.72%
  • JBL 250Ti

28 48.28%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Debate: JBL 250TI vs JBL L300 Summit

Not to even perpetuate the resurrection of a 5 year old thread.. They are both truly great speakers. I think the term finesse applies best to 250Ti and dynamic, brute force and live applies best to L300. I think at modest or less listening levels, the 250ti is really tough to beat and I'd take it hands down over an L300. However, if my goal were above moderate SPL listening, clear winner L300. In may respects, I regret selling my 250Ti, but I truly believe I am listening now to better and more dynamic.

That's my opinion YMMV.

JBL 250 TI complete manual

hello all,

I am looking for the complete manual on JBL 250TI lemited edition or classic edition.

thank you for your answers.

250Ti manual

http://www.retrevo.com/samples/JBL-Speaker-manuals.html

Je pense que vous pouvez le trouver là avec peu d'effort.
    Out.

Lazarus has risen from the dead.

Lazarus has risen from the dead;
    This post will a bit be off thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    If the criteria is in a medium to large room in a house, integrated as a part of a more or less normal living environment, then the 250Ti hands down.

If it's in the full-basement rec room, which is dedicated to partying and general carrying on, then probably the L300.
    Since this thread came back to life from its five year death sleep, I want to revise my position (of course). I'm less impressed with the L300 five years later and more impressed with the 250 family of speakers.

Since I've finally found, listened to, and purchased some really wonderful sounding horns, the L300 is a victim of its age. As a historical piece, yes, it's still a hair-raising, butt-kicking, head smashing killer, but it really does not compete with current horn technology and design--in my opinion. Still, hearing Ian Gillan screaming Space Truckin' on L300s is a guilty pleasure I would never turn down.

The 250 family still competes very well with current offerings. Listening right this moment to my stock L250s in my office, they're clearly delivering a compelling, satisfying, musically realistic experience. The Frankenstein PT250s, in which I just added the LE14H-3 driver to the 908Ti, 904Ti, and 044Ti, are showing the brilliance of the design and its enduring nature.

The fact that we've been working on these 250s for a while prejudices me. If I had decided to "fix" a pair of L300s, I could have ended up liking them more, but I think the L300 is not a good candidate for anything other than being an L300. OTOH, an L250 or 250Ti has enough promise in it to warrant some "improving" and tinkering to see what a great design can yield.

Okay, go back to sleep.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Not to perpetuate the resurrection of a five-year-old thread, but isn't the power-handling capability roughly the same except with the L300A having the higher sensitivity? Recommended maximum amplifier power for both is 400-watts. 250Ti is rated 90dB sensitivity and L300A is 93dB.

Call me spoiled but the 4345s are rated for 400-watts on the bottom end with a sensitivity of 95db.
    You Are Definitely Spoiled!!!
    Just Play Music.

Thanks titanium dome

Best regards.

Fabrice

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Lazarus has risen from the dead;
    This post will a bit be off thread.

The fact that we've been working on these 250s for a while prejudices me. If I had decided to "fix" a pair of L300s, I could have ended up liking them more, but I think the L300 is not a good candidate for anything other than being an L300. OTOH, an L250 or 250Ti has enough promise in it to warrant some "improving" and tinkering to see what a great design can yield.

Okay, go back to sleep.
    Lest we forget the manual (from the Master) to improve both the 250Ti and the 4345, both mentioned on this thread.
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ht=#post110075

I agree that the L300 updated would not be an L300. It is a home 4333; I have a pair of those (my home theater noise makers) and they were improved through the years, culminating with the 4345. The L300 was never updated. If you really like what it does, seek a 4350. Many if not most 4350s went into Disco clubs, where they excelled at ear splitting distortion free entertainment. Me? I went for the 4345 and nobody has ever suggested that I got an underperforming pair of speakers.

If you can't find a pair of 4350s, member SAEMAN could build you a pair, if he still occupies his spare time with such pursuits. He builds better than new, and prices accordingly.

Clark
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47 View Post
    I agree that the L300 updated would not be an L300. It is a home 4333; I have a pair of those (my home theater noise makers) and they were improved through the years, culminating with the 4345. The L300 was never updated. . . . Me? I went for the 4345 and nobody has ever suggested that I got an underperforming pair of speakers.
    That's an interesting perspective and a practical way to contrast the iconic L300 to the many updates and revisions of the L250.

And yet still, to the original question, I doubt anyone could prefer the L300 to the 250Ti if both were using amplifiers that showed each to its best advantage. The fact that the L300 is more efficient and seems to play well with just about any amp at low and loud levels might tend to give it an advantage to some. "Better" at what would be my question. I'm unable to answer the poll without a third choice of "that depends . . ."
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47 View Post
    I agree that the L300 updated would not be an L300. It is a home 4333; I have a pair of those (my home theater noise makers) and they were improved through the years, culminating with the 4345. The L300 was never updated. Clark
    I had never thought of it that way, but Clark does make sense.

before I got my 250Ti's, had the same 300 v 250 discussion with Soundboy since at the time he had more experience with larger JBL's than I did.

His analogy was the L300 to a '59 Caddy ....stylish, in a retro way, lots of fun to drive around (for an hour), big & brash , and then tiring and a chore to use daily for long periods.

ie: fun for short periods, but not a daily driver.

On the 250's, his comment was that you can listen all day to accurate audio reproduction and still have a smile on your face at the end.

I took his recommendation ...

(Pete, if you are lurking about...plse chime in)
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Obsolete
    The L300 won in the end. The S4700 and K2-S9900 are the latest versions of the venerable JBL 15-inch 3-way. 4365 if Blue is your color of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    ie: fun for short periods, but not a daily driver.
    Tempting, but I'm not gonna do it!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Tempting, but I'm not gonna do it!
    He's talkin' about 3 ways like my upstairs system or Fred Sanford's 4333s ...
    not the big 4 ways like yours ...

I would wonder how much time he's spent listening to 4345s -
    but the Poll is about the L300 3ways
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I'm seeing a tendency to jack the original question and
    substitute other models ....4343, 4345,4350 ..., while the L300
    (subject of the thread) only had 1 model ,
    if holding to the topic....L300 Summit

AFASIK ...the name Summit was only on the original variant.

the premise of the poll is somewhat skewed too , the original
    of one model line compared to the second and improved model
    of another line.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    He's talkin' about 3 ways like my upstairs system or Fred Sanford's 4333s ...
    not the big 4 ways like yours ...
    Sure, but it was spending time with Fred's 4333s that convinced me to move into the 43xx monitors in the first place. I just don't get the characterization and maybe that's because my daily driver (car) is actually a vintage sport sedan that seems to do everything well.

Sure, but it was spending time with Fred's 4333s that convinced me to move into the 43xx monitors in the first place.
    I just don't get the characterization and maybe that's because my daily driver (car) is actually a vintage sport sedan that seems to do everything well.
    Sure - I've got one of each - big 3 way and 4 way with a slot & horn & a 15, not an 18 ...
    but the poll was asking for 2 specific speakers and neither one of us owns either.

You and I like our respective gear - the poll still wasn't for us ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information