Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaker Safari

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Hauled home the big CV's today...suckas are at least 90 lbs. The 15 is a cast basket. Model is D-9.
    Dont know whether to part them out or attempt a rebuild - dont think they are worth much, even if perfect condition.
    These ugly things that I got for $5, and flipped are now restored and up on CL by their new owner...

CERWIN VEGA model D-9 floorstanding speaker - $400 (ne-portland)

Reply to:
    Date: 2008-04-24, 7:15PM PDT

for sale one pair CERWIN VEGA ,there are big speaker with 15" woofer two midrange and one tweeter, very deep bass reponse there are HUGE speaker very big and very heavy ,come to see and hear them THANK
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

My roommate in the Air force had a pair of these. Nothing but boomy bass and screechy highs. I hated those speakers.
    Why buy used when you can build your own?

bought one of these Tuesday evening - by Wed afternoon it was gone ....Oh, the good times we had together....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

stacking up boxes for the pallet to Oz....12,13,14,15.....shud stop at about 20.

Havnt picked up much in a long time, but my friend walked into the thrift and this was laying out - ignored...he tossed them 5 for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vtg-MCINTOSH-C11...QQcmdZViewItem

RIP 2009
    Is that your friend selling it on eBay?

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    Is that your friend selling it on eBay?

John
    yes, 200x return on his money ....

Vtg MCINTOSH C11 C-11 Tube Stereo PreAmp Amplifier AsIs

Winning bid:US $1,026.02

Just imagine what it would have been worth if the Panloc caps weren't missing!

Might be time to sell my C20 that's just gathering dust. But it's so pretty to look at and I love the Loudness control and record compensator settings. What a cool antique. And it'd only pay for about a fiftieth of one year of college education for one of my three kids . . . so why bother?

Or, as we look at it today, maybe fourteen tanks of gas. Anybody have a good link showing the cost of a gallon of gas versus the value of the US dollar over the past few years?

Oops, I take it all back; the last two C-20s sold on Ebay both went for over $1900, and they weren't the older glass-front prettier version like mine. Now I feel even better about keeping it. Or maybe I should just drop it off at the Goodwill?

Gas. Petrol etc

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technolo...raphed_it.html

None of which helps. We are paying £1.20 or thereabouts per litre or to put it another way it costs me about $150 to fill my Volvo V70.
    Since in this country we are taxed to death it comes as no surprise to learn that 75% of that figure is tax.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    . Anybody have a good link showing the cost of a gallon of gas versus the value of the US dollar over the past few years?
    I remember buying gas at 24.9 cents in HS. that station was higher than most, but had girls in bikinis on skates pumping, so we put up with the high cost (but I was making $1.35 an hour)

Or maybe I should just drop it off at the Goodwill?
    he said the damage was very evidently done at the store, they dont care...yet their glass case where the valuable stuff goes has brownie cameras and hats.

I remember buying gas at 24.9 cents in HS. that station was higher than most, but had girls in bikinis on skates pumping, so we put up with the high cost (but I was making $1.35 an hour)
    I remember when I bought my first motorcycle just before graduating from high-school, gas was 22¢/gallon in St. Louis and I was making about $3/hour. That would be 1971.

At the time I believe minimum wage was $1.60 and didn't to to $2.00 until 1974. Currently something like $5.85, scheduled to go to $6.55 this summer, and to $7.25 next summer. Using a current price-per-gallon of $4, that would be like me making 32¢/hr and buying gas at 22¢ back in '71. Even using the recorded average price of gas back then of something around 36¢, the equivalent cost compared to the minimum wage today would have to be about $1.31 per gallon to be equal to back then.

J.A.F.S.

Bumper Sticker

stacking up boxes for the pallet to Oz....12,13,14,15.....shud stop at about 20.
    I like the VNSM bumper sticker.
    Always good for some Bun Bo Hue during Tet...
    Amazed I'm still alive!
    Tim

final count was 24

gas was 22¢/gallon in St. Louis and I was making about $3/hour. That would be 1971. .
    thats pretty cheap..the 24.9 that I remember was '67 (maybe the entertainment got factored in) ...Q ? : why dont we have bikini HS girls on skates pumping gas anymore ?? Might take the sting out of 4 buck gallons.

Quote Originally Posted by loach71 View Post
    Always good for some Bun Bo Hue during Tet...
    BBH gives me gas. (not the good kind) ..crab cha gio is nice. Last Thanksgiving we had live shrimp dropped into boiling coconut broth and dipped into a salt/pepper/lemon juice dip...WOW , that was good. When you cook 'em that way, the shells get soft and you don't have to shuck them.

safari Ok today....got a nice little pair of Ar's...the titanium HF's go quick at BIN$40 and a really decent pair L-56....need foam/rubber natch, but cabs and grills and HF's all look great !!!! and all for under ....NO..we calc everything by a gallon of gas these days...so, slightly over 2 gallons.

they sure look like rubber, but I read they (L56) are foam, anyone know for sure ???

they sure look like rubber, but I read they (L56) are foam, anyone know for sure ???
    finished up the foam job ...cant call it a refoam as I still dont know what the original surrounds were....looked like rubber, but felt like plastic (118h)

the surround shape was odd...looks like an aircraft wing cross section. I stood the piece on its end and scanned so to show more clearly....usually I clean out the basket edge with a dremmel and wire brush wheel, but this stuff just melts.

Thread Information