Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaker Safari

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Fine looking box, m'friend!
    that box is starting to glow , it was so dull 24 hours ago and been drinking oil ever since.

I always thot M&K was English....but sub is US and my just sold SAT5's were Ch1na made.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Looking good Wolf! Nice 3 leaf book match, there's even a little fiddleback on the upper left match.
    What are the little white "dots" ?
    Just Play Music.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    Looking good Wolf! Nice 3 leaf book match, there's even a little fiddleback on the upper left match.
    paint speckles that I've missed when scotchbrighting the surface. Dont people move speakers when they paint ??

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    took my thumbnail and knocked the spots off, cudnt see them with my naked old eyes until you pointed them out.

SO...I finished up the refoam and reinstalled today...the dustcap reads "DISCOVER DEEP BASS" ....So I put on the CD of the soundtrack to "Mullholland Drive" ,,kinda spooky with lots of rumblings....

SO now I cant latch the grandfather clock door anymore, it doesn't latch real tight and now vibrates against the body...

There are quiet passages in the CD that I thot were just blank "space fillers',,,nope they are rumblings.

Also thot all 12 in. sub's are about equal. Have been using a mass market 12 in. Infinity sub...BIG DIFFERENCE !!!

Went off to the bathroom (other end of the house) and the junk in there was rattling...

I guess I did OK for a $10 investment + refoam time and materials. ?

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I guess I did OK for a $10 investment + refoam time and materials. ?
    Yup. Closest I could find was that the "flat" setting extends response down below 20Hz, and the "Room A" & "Room B" settings are likely based on where you locate the sub, whether against two boundaries (floor & wall) or three (floor and two corner walls).

je

Fine looking box, m'friend!
    You are having a great year so far, eh?
    Was talking with Mr. loach71 (anybody else know the significance of that name besides me ??) and he has 4 sets of big Walsh's...now he is waayyy more into his system than I and while loving the Walsh's, he acknowledges that they could use help on the top and bottom octaves.

So I added the L80t's with their bright 035ti's for top and the M&k for bottom in addition to the F's (but on separate BGW amp) and the whole thing is really starting to sound OK.

One of the biggest improvements was the ADC SS3. That pup is the best EQ that I've had and the Thorens doesn't hurt either..only thing left to upgrade is the phono cart and I just have to swap in that V-15 and there will be NO conceivable projects left...

Trust me

Denon DL160. Yup 'n yessir E bob.

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    Denon??
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    Denon??
    Denon DL160 is a MC cart...very nice reviews , xcept my pre wont do MC w/o an addon box.

I beg to differ

DL160 is a high output MC in Denons 'light body' series. It will run well in that Thorens arm.with no tracking issues. Much more transparent sounding than the Shure.

1.6mV output. This is plenty because as a low impedence source the input of the pre will not be as noisy as with the Shure hence you can wind the gain up to compensate without any problems. I have sold dozens of these in my time and seriously for the $$$$ its hard to beat.

well , its not really a speaker, BUT.... I always wanted a nice listening chair. Sooo, yeaterday I'm burning time at GW, not much interesting. I go over to the furnature section to sit a while and I notice a really different looking chair. The wood matches the rosewood in my LR and it looks kinda like leather. Sit in it,,very comfy ..(does have a black ink mark on the seat), I check the price tag...it was $50 then marked to 40 then 30 then $20 and I'm thinkin "kewl" , maybe its either great vinyl or leather. Open up the headrest pillow and sure enough its leather, and then I notice motor controls , so flipping it over there is a beautiful Danish motor, check all the tags and yup , MADE IN USA. Called "Backsaver".

Give them my $20 and hauled (78 pounds) it home..cleaned up real nice and even the ink spot came off. Looked it up this morning and......

Zero Gravity Recliner - BackSaver ZGR 200LM Leather Zero Gravity Reclining Chair - Electric Recline Chair - PLUS BONUS Zero Gravity Chair

$1,799.00

so it will motor ALL the way to where you are laying almost flat. Hey !! I guess will finally experience music flat !!!!

Seawolf you're too much, nice score! Gotta be comfy when listening to the tunes.
    Clock looks good too, compliments your ensemble
    Just Play Music.

The Safari continues ......M&K
    Hey, that looks like what arrived yesterday via fredEx!
    I was so impressed with the wood look of yours, and your feedback on the sound I figured it'd be worth checking one out, tho it seems mine is all hat and no cattle!
    I knew the amp had been removed from the back of the rear plate, but - the woofer has a buzz-rattle (almost a honk) at some freqs when I feed it with the citation amp I use for the B-380 ... so, I've got a woofer on order.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

I knew the amp had been removed from the back of the rear plate, but - the woofer has a buzz-rattle (almost a honk) at some freqs when I feed it with the citation amp I use for the B-380 ... so, I've got a woofer on order.
    I'm a little confused...you dont sound upset.

were you expecting a bum driver in addition to an ampless cabinet ?

(the wood on yours does look nice, tho)

I'm a little confused...you don't sound upset.
    were you expecting a bum driver in addition to an ampless cabinet ?
    (the wood on yours does look nice, tho)
    No, but I've sent them an "I'm not pleased that it doesn't work, how can we resolve this" email, so I'll reserve screaming and yelling and see how they reply. I figured I'd run it off my external amp - and maybe buy a plate amp later, but I wasn't planning on having to replace everything in the cabinet.

I'll see what they say ... (trying to manage my anger better, eh?)

How can I stay mad - I have a cat that LOVES to sleep on the subwoofer ... even when its playing ...

Thread Information