Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaker Safari

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Oh yeah , I juiced it up a tad , that GUI BIOS is great ...now all 4 cores running at 4.4 ghz
    will prolly keep incrementing up the speed until it becomes un-stable and then back it off a bit
    Tweeker sites say that CPU can do 4.7 on air cooling , not ready for water cooled, yet.
    walked into GW yesterday and straight to another WD external HD. (650GB)
    2 pounds @ $1.59 per. Did extensive testing and think it's ready for prime time.

New PC currently has 4.5 TB of spinning storage ..

oh yeah , even my old backup PC had died last year and was just sitting around looking sad. Was in a thrift 2 days ago and noticed a Gateway P4 3 ghz with 2 GB RAM and a 150GB drive and DVD reader & burner drives .... very clean ..for $10 . snatched it up.

I won't do much work on it , but it does have built in video & sound and runs along nicely. Has XP PRO . My MD authoring software won't run on W7 , only XP, so this will be my new MiniDisk writing setup.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

got to digging around BR3 (aka:the speaker graveyard) and found this pair that have never been hooked to signal ...no name ....I think the drivers are SEAS ? sound great , prolly better than the similar L86's...anybody know what they are ?
    finally contacted MADISOUND with pics of the speakers, here is what they answered (wrong on mid tho)

"Hello and thank you for your email.

That appears to be a Seas woofer, Peerless midrange, and possibly a Dynaudio tweeter. It’s kind of hard to tell from the pictures.

Yes, those drivers and cabinets came from us, sometime in the 80’s it looks like from that sticker. It’s not a kit, but probably a customer combination of drivers.

Best regards"

I plan to buy a TATA SAFARI in a week and i want to upgrade the ICE, can anyone tell me the size of front and rear speakers

Quote Originally Posted by tainguyen View Post
    I plan to buy a TATA SAFARI in a week and i want to upgrade the ICE, can anyone tell me the size of front and rear speakers
    https://www.google.com/search?q=tata...w=1280&bih=621

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_Safari

I think that wires are crossed somewhere,
    khong biet

Quote Originally Posted by tainguyen View Post
    Well, this guy used these: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-2-vtt-ex.html

I am planning to upgrade my current ICE setup in Safari 2.2 EX. The current setup (company fitted) is:
    HU: Blaupunkt Monte Carlo MP3
    Speakers: Unbranded (both on front & rear Doors) + Tweeters

Reason for Change: Bass too bloomy on mid to high volumes (15+)

The set-up I have opted is:

Article Make Cost
    • Head Unit Pioneer - 6950 2,000.0 (Replacement Cost)
    • Amplifier JBL - GT5-A604 7,200.0
    • Front Components JBL - GT5-650C 4,500.0
    • Rear Door 6" NIL
    • Rear Ovals JBL - GT5-963 3,500.0
    • Sub-woofer JBL - GT5-12 4,500.0
    • Wiring 1,000.0
    • Total22,700.0
    Please advise if this seems suitable.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Well, since a Safari is just a rebadged X5, you can answer his Q Phil

ta. ta.

Well, since a Safari is just a rebadged X5, you can answer his Q Phil
    Odds are ten-to-one he'll never find his way back here.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Odds are ten-to-one he'll never find his way back here.
    well not if you don't A his Q

80sKid
    Those are very handsome, but they aren't original Everest S9500. But I'm guessing you've discovered that, judging by your forum signature at this point.

They're definitely a handsome DIY job and I would love to hear such a pretty beast someday. Hope they are bringing you lots of enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    These showed up in Sweden for sale this week, seems like very Nice build!

They were advertised as "K2 9500", consist of 2xLE14-3 and 2435/H9800:

Attachment 64247

80sKid
    When the AR towers (and now the yamaha's too) - buyer returned , mentioned he was so impressed with my demo....
    I always enjoy reading your adventures SeaWolf They're one of the reasons I keep coming back to this forum.

I only wish there was a Goodwill surplus facility near me

Quote Originally Posted by 80sKid View Post
    I always enjoy reading your adventures SeaWolf They're one of the reasons I keep coming back to this forum.

I only wish there was a Goodwill surplus facility near me
    surgery was on friday 13th and havnt been on bike or anywhere since then
    so i went riding to GW on the 12th and grabbed up these 2 JBL mp3 playing
    speakers, both sound quite good.
    also these wireless senns. total was under 5.

today i got out (with the ol driving ) and did grab a sealed cakebox of HP
    Lightscribe DVD blanks ...the new PC from a couple of posts back has a plextor
    24x lightscribe burner.

LightScribe

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LightScribe
    LightScribe is an optical disc recording technology, created by the Hewlett-Packard Company, that uses specially coated recordable CD and DVD media to produce laser-etched labels with text or graphics, as opposed to stick-on labels and printable discs.
    The LightScribe method uses the laser in a way similar to when plain data are written to the disc; a greyscale image of the label is etched onto the upper side of the disc. In the beginning, the discs were available only in a sepia color but today are available in many monochromatic colors.
    The purpose of LightScribe is to allow users to create direct-to-disc labels (as opposed to stick-on labels), using their optical disc writer. Special discs and a compatible disc writer are required. Before or after burning data to the read-side of the disc, the user turns the disc over and inserts it with the label side down. The drive's laser then etches into the label side in such a way that an image is produced.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Snagged one of these today ...it is exactly what I need ....web shows price 180

also grabbed a little USB thumb drive ...put it in the new PC and Windows asked if I'd like to use it as "ready boost" memory ...kinda like a SSD. Sure.

WOW ...This PC is getting even faster. Essentially 10.5 GB ram now (in addition to 4.5TB storage)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

80sKid
    Congrats on finding the switching device you need. Sonance is excellent equipment (they're well known in the custom installer market).

It's worth noting that if the flash drive in question is slow -- and flash drive speeds vary greatly -- you won't get a benefit from using it for ReadyBoost. The same can be true in systems that have SSD for the boot drive (because the swap file access is so fast on a solid state drive).

Chris

Congrats on finding the switching device you need. Sonance is excellent equipment (they're well known in the custom installer market).

It's worth noting that if the flash drive in question is slow -- and flash drive speeds vary greatly -- you won't get a benefit from using it for ReadyBoost. The same can be true in systems that have SSD for the boot drive (because the swap file access is so fast on a solid state drive).

Chris
    Yes on Sonance ...I have their MB30's as rears on the PC and they are quite nice. When I got them , said "wish they had a JBL label, as they sound so good"

I've tried 8-10 different thumb drives to use for ReadyBoost, Windows is very picky about which ones they will use, so was happy it accepted this one. I moved it to a USB3 port today.

SSD (or a big USB drive) may be my next step , or go to 16GB ram.

On Windows 7 Performance test , scores can be from 1 to 7.9. I get processor at 7.6 and ram at 7.7.

Chris
    The little 2gb thumb drive helped , but I got to wondering if a bigger one could help even more (Win7 allows multiple USB RB drives) . Did some reading on which drives can do ReadyBoost.

The PNY Turbo USB3 got some recommends , so I went looking for it (I read the rule is to get double the physical ram , I have 8GB) ....they are closing out those 16GB drives at BB for $8 (free shipping) , but my local Office Depot had 1 left in stock for $25.

Went over there with my BB printout, clerk says "Oh, we can't to that match ..OD would be losing money"

ME: "Call the manager,plse"
    Manager looks at printout, looks at drive, looks at paper again, looks at drive again ..
    "Yeah, we can do dat"

Peddled back home, tossed it in a USB3 port. Win7 says it can only use 4GB of it.
    Back to the web. Gotta format it NTFS. Win7 won't format it, as it's in use .. can't get it out of use.

Fire up the old XP box ..sure, it will format it FAT32 ..done. Then back to Win7 box. Format it NTFS and now I have 17 GB ReadyBoost (15+2) ...faster & faster. Can put off a SSD for a while.

Thread Information