Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaker Safari

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    had no idea you had amassed such a collection.
    Widget
    this 30+ sale comes after the 4 JBL pairs sale last month and the B&O 4004 and the Pioneer PL-L1000 and the Advents and 72 prs. rca cables and ......I cant even remember it all.

wish I cud keep the cash , but son in University of London is top priority.,

Later: it was funny..the VN couple came by this afternoon , they wanted to take pictures , both of them posing with the 250Ti's..
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

now that the bigger speakers are out of my storage room , I can actually see what other treasures are in there

was hauling out smaller speakers yesterday....found a pair of Advent Baby III's and some Logik L-10's
    (made in Canada) .....put them on the test rig to evaluate.

Now I always kinda liked the sound of Advents, BUT , those little Logik's just outclassed the bigger Baby's by a large margin. Remembered that Logik wasnt around for very long...did they morph into somebody else or just disappear ??
    Attached Images Attached Images   

about 9.8+ condition

a tasty Denon TT ( we like their yogurt too) with DL-160 cart and dynamic servo tracer arm ....unfortunately had to put out cash/money on this...they just dont turn up at GW in this condition...

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    a tasty Denon TT with DL-160 cart ....unfortunately had to put out cash/money on this...they just dont turn up at GW in this condition...
    Looks like very nice condition! Do you like how it plays?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    mechanical operation is silent and sure and smooth ....sounds good , tho I think it can sound better ...printed out the manual (thanx) and will double check all the settings. Appears all original and doubt the anything has been adjusted since being boxed.

put on a newerish (50g ?) disk yesterday ....it was quite a bit floppy...one of those TV ad specials...the center hole was very tight over the spindle and I didnt get it all the way on/down...so when it started up , well..it was like a carnival ride.

the Denon dynamic servo tracer arm tracked it beautifully, up & down with abt 1/2 inch deflection...but no problem.

the owners manual showed a DL-60 cart supplied, but it has a DL-160 ....looked up the specs and recommended tf is 1.6g (+- .3) ..it was set at 1.8 , I like to go light as operationally feasible , so set it at 1.3g , and its really nice there.

FORTURA speakers ??? has SW finally lost it ??

got this fugly pair of no name towers today with ratty Pyle drivers hanging out.

BUT , in selected boxes...

got this fugly pair of no name towers today with ratty Pyle drivers hanging out.
    there is a prize ....

FORTURA speakers ??? has SW finally lost it ??
    knocked them down today , besides 42 cents in change ...there was somebody's full key ring...bet they searched all over the house for those car keys

(open ports and small kids dont mix well)

...there was somebody's full key ring...bet they searched all over the house for those car keys

(open ports and small kids dont mix well)
    Please tell me there was a 70's era pentastar MOPAR ignition key on the ring. I swear, after the day I've had that would absolutely make my night!

I think I mentioned in another post quite some time ago that I had a pair of ESS Labs Heil Air-Motion based speakers, and as I recall them (though we're going back quite some time, and I hope my tastes have refined over the years) the top end was marvelous. Did you ever hook these up for a run?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrewster77 View Post
    Please tell me there was a 70's era pentastar MOPAR ignition key on the ring. I swear, after the day I've had that would absolutely make my night!
    OK...bring your Swinger over here and we'll give the keys a try...

So I was back out on the bike today and walked into SA ....I could see large speakers in the back of the store that sure looked (from 60 feet) like Jubals .... scurried over to them and NO,
    not JBL ...they were Bozak , Listener Series LS400 .....no price on them, called for a price check and the manager gave me a deal ..paid for them and gotta go pick them up tomorrow.

(stock web pic of the later A model ) - except the ones I bought have 2 tweets twinned together aimed 90 degrees apart

Angry The FUN is over....

So I went to GeeDub salvage abt 2 weeks ago, as I was walking in ..a friend was walking out. He asked if I wanted the stuff in his cart as he was tapped out....I took a look..a tired old HK receiver and a pair of SpeakerLab 1's ....the SL1's looked like cheapo's ...8 inch, 2 way ...
    vinyl peeling around the edges, woofer sealed in with bathroom caulk ...etc

Even tho i estimated them to be 5 , mebbe 10 bux , I left them there.

Last weekend I went back ...the SL1's were still there , tho now over in the speaker section...I looked at them again ....price sticker WAS $135 ....get me outta there, NOW.

But today went over to a church retail thrift and found a pair of RS MiniMouse 7's ....
    in "LIKE NEW CONDITION" ....tag was $2 ...seems I'm now better off in the retail thrifts than the salvage ones...

Ran across this today on Jerry Pournelle's site - figured with your biking and such you might be interested in helping green up the Pac Northwest - it seems to be a nicely done site ...

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

But today went over to a church retail thrift and found a pair of RS MiniMouse 7's ....
    in "LIKE NEW CONDITION" ....tag was $2 ...seems I'm now better off in the retail thrifts than the salvage ones...
    them guys sold fast..tho only a 2700x margin

Ran across this today on Jerry Pournelle's site - figured with your biking and such you might be interested in helping green up the Pac Northwest - it seems to be a nicely done site ...

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/
    havnt seen many tree octos ...lots of skunks (mainly on CL) and its squirrel city ...and rather weird , we've had multi generations of house finches living in my patio rafters since 1977 ..all of a sudden last weekend , a new behavior from the flock ...for 2 days they would hover just outside the windows starring IN and sometimes pecking on the glass ....never figured what that was all about ..mebbe they just want to listen to the tunes ??

I hope this isnt the start of THE SLIPPERY SLOPE
    AudioQuest Interconnects..
    My system sounds better since buying them, and I havnt even installed 'em yet....
    My flirtation with higher end interconnects has ended ,,,,I did some A/B with the Philips and the AQ's and heard NO/ZERO difference ....figured the AQ are worth more on CL than in my system.

I redid the 3 active systems with 100% Philips and they have never sounded better ..I'm on an anti Ch1na products jihad , but the rca's were just peachy.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...bles-NIB-cheap

Thread Information