Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: Speaker Safari

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I’m gonna go out on a limb and say, I imagine the list of equipment that you have not owned is rather short.

Widget
    Have never even seen a Paragon, or most high end stuff .... used to visit Doug at Audio Specialties when in the area .. Did enjoy visiting audio row on Hawthorn, but out of my range , tho my first exposure to JBL (L-100's) was there.

mostly mid-fi.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Phil,

RE "Wonder how much they'll pay for the two I own?" LOL, thanks had a good laugh at this one. They'd probably beat you down on price for yours. Selling at $11K (probably USD, close $15K CAD!) i won't even dare looking at it. Don't spend much time looking at things i can't really afford...

Wolf,

The pic you show of other B&O speakers sort of confirms what i wrote. The size of the surround on that small woofer is a clue of longer cone travel capability which it needs to make up for lack of driver diameter in order to move enough air for some LF reproduction.

I have a little Alexa puck at the PC ... I get lazy and just let my custom Pandora station stream when I'm there, BUT ..it's nano mono speaker SUCKS.

Was looking for a speaker solution (the Echo does have an audio "OUT" jack), so I'd run the o/p to the receiver under the monitor then to the 120Ti's ..works OK, just didn't like re-configging the receiver to run audio from iTunes.

So I ran the Echo's o/p to a Boze Wave radio , does good at that ..bass heavy and limited highs, but OK for casual listening. Don't know if it's FM or CD even work.

a mud-fi solution.

Only speakers I see for sale anymore are < $10 garbage , but I'm always
    up for feeding my clock hoarding habit.

found this cool Verichron World Time yesterday , darned thing must be 3 or 4 pounds. I borrowed a battery ("C" cell ) to check it out.

Nothing. Then scraped down the contacts and the little red plane took off. It's the second hand and circles the pole. The day/night ring rotates with the time, so you find location , shows time and day or night.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Wolf,

Pretty nice clock. Like it, though they replaced the singing bird by an airplane, so a bigger bird circling the pole.

Showing London at 12 O'clock might be a little cheat, isn't it the Noth Pole?

You could bring the clock on a trip to the North Pole, preferably during winter, maybe watch the little red plane go crazy due to magnetic pole effect, even meet the real Santa Clause if you want. Getting a taste of Canada while testing the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
    Wolf,

Pretty nice clock. Like it, though they replaced the singing bird by an airplane, so a bigger bird circling the pole.

Showing London at 12 O'clock might be a little cheat, isn't it the Noth Pole?

You could bring the clock on a trip to the North Pole, preferably during winter, maybe watch the little red plane go crazy due to magnetic pole effect, even meet the real Santa Clause if you want. Getting a taste of Canada while testing the clock!

>>Showing London at 12 O'clock might be a little cheat, isn't it the Noth Pole?

Well, GMT is set (0) on Greenwich's location.

"Greenwich Mean Time. The Prime Meridian at Greenwich, London is the reference for every time zone in the world."

Canada ?

We've spent a fair amount of time in Vancouver , B.C. . For many years we drove up there to their Chinatown to buy cooking supplies.

In fact, drove up to Tsawwassen to buy my 250Ti's. spent waaayyy too much time over the years in line at Blaine getting in & out of Canada.

In fact (2) ..1972 , the US had such a bad rep. that when traveling, hotels would ask us for info when registering, we were "from Canada" .. got treated much better.

RE spent waaayyy too much time over the years in line at Blaine getting in & out of Canada.

Yeah, crossing the border either way with the long lineups is a pain in the... The US-Can border is still closed to non-essential travel re Covid, was again extended yesterday til July 21. Been closed for over a year now. No US vacations again this summer it seems...

RE hotels would ask us for info when registering, we were "from Canada"

OH! So you pretended being Canadian at the hotel! This must be a very serious crime, LOL But i won't tell.

Thread Information