Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaker Safari

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    Dood!

My dad left one of them behind - it is incredibly impractical but a GREAT mantle piece. Very easy to fine-tune - love the thing. He was awarded it after decades at American Cyanamid. You know, back in the day when jobs were careers...?
    I talked to the guy today ...evidently it had small defects and didn't go high

Winning bid: US $698.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Le-Coultre-A...item27c26d73d3

did grab a very nice Sansui SR-2050C today ..... didn't have enough bungies for all that I bought to strap to the bike , so gotta drive back tomorrow...

http://www.classicaudio.com/forsale/san/SR2050C.html
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

so recently I picked up an M&K sub, AR-xb TT, Akai Pro PEQ6 - EQ ..then 2 pairs of Sennheiser headphones and had traded some little Monitor audio bookshelves for a BGW 320B , and that Sansui TT that's coming along nicely..thot it a pretty good haul.

yesterday was raining so hard that couldn't get out on the bike ...I have a CL search for JBL on an icon and hit it a couple of times a day ....250Ti's in Portland for a good price came up ...checked the ad time and it was only 12 minutes old ...shot off an email with my phone number and waited ...lots of incoming phone calls, but not the one I wanted (even the OL's friend who jabbers for 2 hours) ....got rid of them quick ...just in case .....

middle of lunch and THE CALL comes through ...the ad calling ...I was first responder.. got all the info and packed up to roll. 2E was going to bring lunch over to her sis instead, but I talked them into a road trip to be my bodyguards.

Got to this hard to find home in L.O. in a pouring rain ..street so narrow that I cant turn around, had to go to the corner and back all the way down to his house. ....walk in and he and wife looking glum...they had broken the speakers. .. while the 2 of them wrestled the 250's out to the LR , they bumped something into the 108H and made a little hole. the rest of the cabs were immaculate and together with grills are better shape than my set...Teak had esp beautiful grain. ......so we knocked another hundred off for the driver damage and hauled them to the truck ...non eventful drive home (driving like a 90 y.o.) ...so these 2 little Viet women and I pulled them out and onto the dolly and into the inside storage room.

Veneer very dry ..responded great to oil. removed the 108H and smoothed the puncture from the back side ...used refoam white glue on the front and back and it came out pretty well ...OL couldn't spot where the repair is ...debating whether to replace it or not.
    Cabs & grills so good that now not sure which pair to keep and what one to sell ...ordered up a Rick Cobb refoam kit last night ...and been oiling some more this AM ....picture is in UN-oiled state w/ my old grills on them. Cannot find any skirt veneer damage as is standard on this model

wish I had room to run a second pair .. but these will be a nice catch for someone when I'm done ..in a month or so...

here is the redacted ad:

JBL 250ti speakers - (Lake Oswego)

Date: 2012-01-29, 11:47AM PST
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am selling a pair of JBL 250ti speakers in good condition. The bottom woofers need to be re-foamed (I have included pictures of them) but the drivers work fine and the case only has some minor nicks and scratches from being moved several times. They are big, heavy and take up more space than I have to give. I called around and if you want to have them re-foamed by a professional it will cost between $110 and $175 depending on who you take it to. I have also included links to a do-it-yourself kit and a video showing how to do it if you have the time and motivation (which I do not). Cash only, I will not do payments and they will need to be picked up. This is already a pretty good deal as these speakers usually go for $1000 or more depending on condition so please don't try to low ball me and only contact me if you are serious about purchasing. Thank you

P.S. If the ad is still up they are still available

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-250Ti-Sp...-/300309902459
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPGwEhGo20M
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Congrats seawolf!

Jblnut

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut View Post
    Congrats seawolf!

Jblnut
    thanx JBLN

sometimes when looking for speakers you find other cool sound producing gear.

from my ad:

this is a beautiful table top music box with music player & 6 bells and 4 pairs
    of twirling/dancing couples ...nice wood case with glass top ...it is run on
    wall current (includes power adapter) ....there are 10 perforated disks
    that store in a rear compartment ...

Great score on the Ti's Seawolf, if I was in your neck of the woods I would seriously consider them.
    They look great, enjoy!
    Just Play Music.

I had a "first to me" problem on the Sansui TT ....the platter would not spin ....motor ran, replaced belt ...NO SPIN so I wondered for the first time " do spindles turn or are they stationary" ?? on the old Duals, it locked into place with a notched bottom , but my Denons move with the platter this one DID NOT move ...opened the bottom and removed the keeper screw , still no turn or answer. there was a little room on the topside between the splindle bottom flange and securing nut ..got a pryer in there and slowly the spindle came off ..from there it was easy to see that it should turn, so cleaned it up , lubed it and now spins like crazy ..

the Sansui TT is gone .... to be somebody's wedding present

traded the Tech M2 for an Empire 598 Troubador III ...have no need or time to fix so FOR SALE soon
    picked up a L212 Ultrabass , have been told it will work well with the 250Ti's
    also a couple of V15T3's that need stylus's and a T4 also
    and one of those large Thorens vented headshells (TD165 ?)

and a big box of vinyl

Oh, and the 4671's are paid for..awaiting pickup

pix to follow, when I figure out why USB doesn't want to play today..

well now, the headshell (TP60 ?) sold, paying 1/3 of the UB212

here's the Empire ...wish I had a need for it ... super heavy platter , smooth.quiet motor and even includes the often missing special plug to rca cable. Rather cute ..

LATER : it only lasted 5 hours on CL.

Friday I picked up a Denon DP-32F ...good cart & stylus ...cart has a big purple "N" on it, and made in Japan, but thats it. Nagoaka ???

Also a pair of ROCK SOLIDS. havnt even cleaned them up yest but did hook them to signal ...little pups sound pretty good ..

stellar condition ..all drivers work , need refoam, of course

all feet intact and there
    both glass tops immaculate
    black felt and logos perfect

don't even need oiling ..

TT day

rode down to GW yesterday ....found a decent Technix SL-D2 with a good Shure R1000-EDT (good stylus too) ...
    I'm reading that it's an M75Ed ...anyhoo, I bungied it to the rear rack and carefully ferried it home.

seems to work OK

then the OL came home, she bird dogs things that I mite like to flip.
    she noticed a good Yamaha 320 TT at the GW retail store...so I went back
    with her...it seemed OK, but had a note "needle at checkout counter" , so I
    had no idea what came with it.

went up to the checkout and asked for it .... wow , the elusive, never b4 seen (by me)
    and rather rare Shure V-15 ...P-mount (with a good looking stylus)

I've seen and used many V-15's and only heard rumors of a P-mount version,
    but here was an actual one, with the adapter to use in a standard CD4 arm.

could not leave it there for some other knucklehead to buy...

snagged a pair of these things today

not bad condition, looks like a worthy project ?

60 pounds for a 2 way bookshelf ???

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    not bad condition, looks like a worthy project ?
    my golly, WOW ....I drug the ESS's out and put them on the Jubal's leads..
    yes, they are surroundular challenged, yes, the PR's are sitting inside the box,
    yes, they need lots of TLC, but WOW ....they are mebbe the best 2 way - 10 inchers
    that I've ever heard ...that Heil HF is really something ..

it's a rich, but with shimmering highs sound .... this rehab is going to be FUN.
    (that last post spec sheet was the wrong model)

http://www.themusic.com/detail.cfm?id=450200 ....where is that unbelieve blink emoticon ?

well, let's see ....the JUBALs are gone ..

I had 12 TT donated to me by someone who bought, but then didn't want to fool around with them ....in the pile was a thrashed REC-O-Kut ....I sold it as a project ....new owner emailed me pics of it after his rehab... ....replaced arm , new base and many improvements ...could hardly believe that it is the same unit ... WOW

Today dragged home a Cypress Lightning 521 center ...its a heavy little bugger and seems made from a block of aluminum ...says "USA designed, made in Malaysia" ..very little on the web, can't figure if its "white van" or hi end ??

the refurbed REK

80sKid

Cypress Lightning 521 center

That sounds interesting.... When I just did a web search I got zippo. I'm very curious about this unit. Could you post some pics?

Thread Information