Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glass-Top speakers

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    I'd adapted it to a mic stand and made a floor lamp from it, but Emma prefers the table lamp style (although I think its original design is too low)
    NICE! I see what you mean about it being a little low, could probably benefit from a little height, but it is very cool none the less. Id love to see one of those in a larger scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't that be the right time to explain to the kid, and/or the adult as to why you value such speakers. Most people don't give a hoot to speakers - they think they are the same. luckily, there is no room for a house plant, let alone a drink!

-Storm.
    Storm, you are absolutely right and my wife would agree with you, unfortunately something in me prevents me from acting in a sensible/reasonable manner. Its too tepid for me, I prefer bold strokes of action and indecisiveness that I will probably regret later after the bridge has burnt down and only the smouldering cinders remain.
    Blatant displays of individuality Storm, thats what its all about! Now, I must go and count my socks.

Very nice! I'm not so gracious and will hijack your thread. :-)

Recently returned from vacation so I haven't had time to do anything with them. Heck, I still haven't installed the surrounds on the 128H pair I picked up 3 weeks ago to build another set of L112. I did contact Rick Cobb about surrounds as I've decided not to risk cone contamination trying the brake fluid trick on the Lansalloy.

The good news is that the wife likes them! She thinks they're pretty with the glass tops. Now I just have to find a place for them. The HT room is my main speaker storage for now (L112, SVA1600, L100) and the only real listening room other than my home office (4310 always and L56 rarely.) Need to sell those L56's... Just need more amps and players to run all these bad boys. I even have a spare (3rd) turntable to really enjoy them.

Thread Information