Thread: JBL system w:2235H,2123H,2425H+xover?

JBL system w:2235H,2123H,2425H+xover?

I have been an Altec user for years and have recently (past 2 years) wanted to build a nice JBL system. My first idea was to build a 7 PI system with a pair of 2225H, pair of 2123H, and a pair of 2425H. ( I have aquired pairs of these drivers already, and would like to use them if possible ).Recently after much reading on this site have decided on something different, more "Monitor" like utilizing these drivers. (The 2225H will be reconed to 2235H if necessary) I like the look of the 2235H, 2123H with 2425 on top with the 2344 horns, but really do not want to do this twice. My Altec learning curve was a long and horrendously expensive journey, so I would like to do this only once if possible!

Does anyone have any tried and true systems incorporating these and/or other drivers? I would also need a crossover which is tailored to this combination w/ any required compensation, I do not want to just throw this system together if possible. I really want a "correct" crossover for thias project. I could really use some good ideas and would be glad to write up the project. The 4343 and 4344 look really nice, but these would require other drivers, of course.

Thanks in advance for any project tips,

Russellc

My suggstion is to talk to Rob (administrator) as he has gone the closest to what you are looking at.

Your idea is very sound ..I did something similar with th 2122H mid and he 240/2344. It should be a very nice system when you are done!

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    My suggstion is to talk to Rob (administrator) as he has gone the closest to what you are looking at.

Your idea is very sound ..I did something similar with th 2122H mid and he 240/2344. It should be a very nice system when you are done!

Ian
    Thankyou very much, I will inquire immediately! Hoping to get the box decided on and panels cut in the next couple of weeks. The PI 7 looks nice and is all horn, but these large monitors look to have a bit more WAF factor. She now puts up with Altec A7s in the living room, so even some large boxes like these JBL monitors have would be less imposing.

Russellc

Thread Information