Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dinner in England!!

Dinner in England!!

European Members On Full Alert !!!!

So, saturday the 15th September 2007 it is . There will be a gathering of the European members at my place .I better alert the local barmaids
    , shower, ---- and shave .
    more details to follow.
    Rich

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post

So, saturday the 15th September 2007 it is . There will be a gathering of the European members at my place .I better alert the local barmaids
    more details to follow.
    Rich

Rich

Hmm. I’d like to attend and maybe buy a few JBL components Control 5 ring a bell? Is it near anywhere famous in London?

more details to follow.
    Rich

Sounds like fun.

Looking forward it.

Ian

How do I get on this bloody ot thingy !

Anyway, 10 mins from Victoria - 7 mins from London Bridge by train. Liz lives round the corner, but she probably has Bose stuff . Besides her place is fallen apart- She wants money from me to get the Brickies in. Cheeky cow !!

Peckham , SE15 4ST. GOOGLE EARTH

Waterloo ain't far either. Maybe jump on a train from Bournemouth and pick up the control 5's . !!! Waterloo is pretty good for the Paris crew too !
    Maybe even Merlin can live up to his name -sake and magic his TAD arse over here. And as for Guido, well those Pass labs need to be tested on some real speakers. Infact he only needs one-way tickets for mono blocks.

But , seriously. Its great being part this forum and it would be an honour to open my home to all that can make it.

Rich

JBL 4645
    LOL, oh that’s made my day Bose be buggered. So you’re not far from the West End, sounds good. Oh I prefer the coach to the train, I’ll see how things are next week I might be heading that way if I can get my health together and scrape up a few pounds for the trip to the Empire, and if your not too tied up I’ll buy those Control 5 please.

Save your money

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    LOL, oh that’s made my day Bose be buggered. So you’re not far from the West End, sounds good. Oh I prefer the coach to the train, I’ll see how things are next week I might be heading that way if I can get my health together and scrape up a few pounds for the trip to the Empire, and if your not too tied up I’ll buy those Control 5 please.
    If you can make it up you can have the control 5 stuff . I have a few vintage B&O bit also. And some KEF !

Rich

JBL 4645
    If you can make it up you can have the control 5 stuff . I have a few vintage B&O bit also. And some KEF !

Rich
    Morning Rich, you’re giving it away? Whoa that’s a first well I’m touched and pleased, sure if I can knuckle down and say next week I like to get up to the West End as that would be first stop for DIE HARD and after I have finished there as I would like to speak to the chief projectionist and get some pictures, then I’ll hitch a ride over to your home.

I let you know for certain when I have a coach ticket which would be one day before depart from Bournemouth, cross your fingers or should that be the other way around I’ll cross my fingers touch wood knock, knock.

free !

use the money to travel.
    I can't see me using them !
    Rich

Guys,

I will be checking out Rich's "pad" this weekend....

If it doesn't come up to my high expectations (as regards JBL goodies) I will let you guys know...better start cleaning-up Rich

Rubbish.

Andy,

Wish I'd kept the 4435's now. I know you had serious feelings for those horns.

All I can offer is 4345's and some 4333a's awaiting Guido's magic and perhaps few single malts to relax the tympanic nerves.

Rich

Hi Andy,

As I recall you have that concert. Enjoy.

So, saturday the 15th September 2007 it is . There will be a gathering of the European members at my place .
    Ugh!

I depart LHR that morning! Dang-it.
    We'll just have to try and squeeze-in a smaller session, earlier in September? I'd love to see those 4345's in-person...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Bo,

that dinner invite is always open. You can come over or we could just meet up in town.

I should have got the 2435's by then. May even have a couple of 1500al's kicking about. I can get my hands on some Jeff Rowland's and the belcanto stuff.

Man , we could have a meeting of the 4345 club. Valves VS class A
    Rich
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Rich,

What is the bit of gear on the right of your picture?

Ian
    I think it says Proteus? It’s a little hard to tell with the camera angle and the flash glair reflection.

http://www.thommessen.de/english/products/proteussw60/proteus_sw_60.htm

more Valves

Hi Ian,

DAC , a valve Cdp ,

I have a friend that just brings this stuff around for me to play with. He loves the 45's . I think he just likes to hear the kit with them . I don't complain.
    It's a great way for me to audition stuff. We are talking serious $$$ as you know being a Pass Labs man. I can't go wrong really. I bought a musical fidelity Nu Vista pre off him , hardly used. I can keep trading up without loosing a penny in depreciation. I'm just hoping he'll knock on the door with a 250.5 under his arm oneday. He knows I'm not going to buy anything major untill I've spent sometime a pass amp of some kind. The new Aleph J seems to be getting top marks.

Rich

Thread Information