Thread: 303G-2?

303G-2?

Anybody know what this tweeter fits? I have two brand new in a sealed JBL box. Don't even know what they look like. I'm trying not to open unless I have to. Searched both here and JBL's site with no luck. This was around the time of O66 speakers I think.

Thanks

Radiance 702VXA & 902VXA

Thanks

You 'da Man!

Small cone tweeter, poly-plastic cone. Distinctly reminds me of the later-model Peerless cone tweeter (after they went to a plastic cone)... even the dustcap is the same shape.

Wouldn't doubt it one bit, if Peerless made these for JBL...

Regards,
    Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonW View Post
    Small cone tweeter, poly-plastic cone. Distinctly reminds me of the later-model Peerless cone tweeter (after they went to a plastic cone)... even the dustcap is the same shape.

Wouldn't doubt it one bit, if Peerless made these for JBL...

Regards,
    Gordon.
    Would that be a good thing or a bad thing? I have a couple of these as well and have no idea what, if any, use they are. I know the rest of the VX Radiance components weren't spectactular, to put it mildly, but could this be a situation like the Radiance R82, R103 & R123 where the tweeter (LE25-2) was actually the only worthwhile component? Looking at the 303G-2 doesn't make one think there is anything special to it, but ...

The Peerless are pretty good tweeters. Nobody really gets excited about them (they don't have "vintage cred", like LE25s and such), but they sound fine.

If these are Peerless, they'd make pretty good supertweeters for a project... they're especially good, IME, when used at above 7KHz.

Regards,
    Gordon.

303G-2 tweeters

Quote Originally Posted by Reconer View Post
    Anybody know what this tweeter fits? I have two brand new in a sealed JBL box. Don't even know what they look like. I'm trying not to open unless I have to. Searched both here and JBL's site with no luck. This was around the time of O66 speakers I think.

Thanks
    Hi, I am looking for the 303G-2 tweeters and I wonder if you still have them? thanks

Thread Information