Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ian's Saturday Soiree in LA

Hi Bo:

If you're now in London you have to make the event!!!!!!! Put your thinking cap on and make it happen.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    Ha! Good one. Nice Australian etiquette - beer before breakfast...

Yea, we got to that point, too. It was hard to switch it all off, though - but, morning flight times suggested it was a good idea...

I have not done this, and should. I'm running with QSC CX-series, and find them really excellent - not lacking in any respect. But still, it should be tried...

Dammit, Rick!

Great tour update - kinda like tracking a hurricane...

Nice picture!

I'm in London now, but not sure I can get to Rich's - business is completely overwhelming pleasure. Bummer... The Tube strike has finished - it is easier to move about, so we shall see...
    Sorry,,

I was a bit rough around the edges in that shot..lagged out and it takes a few days and few late nights to function properly.

Magnet3 nows....I was a bit tired on Saturday but I enjoyed the gathering!

There is a taxi strike in NY tomorrow..I am not sure about Friday.......so I will use the Subway or the Bus....

Quote Originally Posted by riessen View Post
    Whoa there Sir Richard and hold the presses! I never said that I preferred the 4345 to anything else I have or have had.

They are great and better than I remember my other pair to be - but (and I just said this to Ian last night) there will always be a place in my stable for a double woofer pair sporting a 12" mid-base and a 2" throat killer mid range driver. I also told him that the 2122H was one of the most impressive mid base drivers that I have ever listened to - so when adding the 18" woofer to that equation there's no doubt that the 4345 is a superior performer.

I think, since I'm a nice guy and all that kind of crap, that I should be entitled to own both.

Have fun with your London blowout and remember to fill all of us in on the details.

Rick
    Rick has all of them..damn......so I guess he can pick and choose.

But it think seeing it all in person now tells me ( as I know only so well) its not about what you think is the best but the journey and what you happen to love you at the time.
    In Rick's case the workmanship is surreal......and his capabilities are recognised around the 4 corners of the Globe.

I could spend all day just looking at them and not bother turning it on!

Ian

call me !!!

hey bo ,

I can meet you in town or you can come out to mine for dinner. I'm only 20 mins from the centre of London. 0207 358 8268 or 07930320119

Rich

If you're now in London you have to make the event!!!!!!! Put your thinking cap on and make it happen.
    Hi, Rick...

I desperately want to, and it was the plan - er, that is my plan. Work has changed it's agenda, and I'm not sure what time is "free" anymore. Days are chockerblock and merge into dinners and late-nights. Good for my dayjob, but not for my hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    I'm only 20 mins from the centre of London.
    Hey, Rich!

I know - I pre-studied the google maps. Got it. The only time right now might be tomorrow morning (bad idea), or possibly the 14th in the afternoon as I come back through the UK to connect with flights departing LHR for the US.

I'll ring through, today.

Bugger !

bo,

I'm on site in the morning. The 14th is when Guido gets in to HRL Ian and I are going to meet him. then on to meet Merlin and his crappy TAD thingy's . Going for a curry in Windsor. And, back to mine where Guido can work all night on the CC networks.......... Cus it's all his fault anyway.

seriously though, perhaps you,me and Ian could meet .

If not, next time ! Rich

PS, thanks for bringing the sun

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    PS, thanks for bringing the sun
    And, the end to the Tube strike!

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    And, the end to the Tube strike!
    A Tubes Strike??
    Who knew they were on strike?
    Ah, that Fey Waybill - what a character!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I have a USB card reader with me so we maybe able to upload a few images of my travels in NY over the weekend.

Tomorrow will be a relaxing morning with a walk in Central Park and a visit to Coney Island in the afternoon.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Tomorrow will be a relaxing morning with a walk in Central Park and a visit to Coney Island in the afternoon.

Ian
    A walk in Central Park! There's no JBL's in Central Park! Only muggers and beggers, and maybe a few long hair 60's burn-outs.

Central Park is surrounded (on three sides, at least) by dozens of $100,000.00+ AV systems that I've designed & installed. I can recommend some lovely places to visit on 5th, CPW, and CPS/W59th, but I don't have security clearance anymore...you'd be on your own there.

je

Rick

You would probably find most of the NY apartment dwellers have smaller Hi end systems populated by Passlabs Alephs which double as foot warmers in the winter. Where would they put a 4350? (according to Stereophile magazine).

I mean anyone who can afforded or be fortunate enough to own a $5mil+ apartment can afford to pick and choose.

I did notice some single bedroom apartments in a development over in Brooklyn last night going for $250K. I intend to check that out!

Ian

A walk in Central Park! There's no JBL's in Central Park! Only muggers and beggers, and maybe a few long hair 60's burn-outs.

If you enter from the north end (Harlem....which is not recommended!)

About moving around it is far more difficult to do it on the fly.

Unforseen events , local conditions and events make any unplanned arrangements at best awkward.

Ian

thanks Ian

thanks Ian for your trip expressions......highly appreciated.

BTW: I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday .

What a happy guy to celebrate his birthday in NY during holidays.

all the best

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Thread Information