Doug (Ti Dome)
    JohnK
    Bart*
    Todd
    Rolf (transducergeek)
    Dave (Grumpy)*
    Hamilton*

Anyone else?

We're set for 4:30 PM on Saturday the 1st at Gladstone's in the Pike at Long Beach.

http://www.gladstoneslongbeach.com/direct.aspx

There is an opportunity for actual tube and horn listening afterward, as well as a trip into the Mysterious Vault of Audio Antiquities and Curiosities located in Long Beach, CA.

If you wrote me that you might come and your plans are now firm, please let me know. We don't want Ian to feel neglected by his Yankee Brethren.

I'll be there!

I assume that we are still a "go."

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    So far I have these people confirmed or at least semi-confirmed:

Ian
    Steve
    Doug (Ti Dome)
    JohnK
    Bart*
    Todd
    Rolf (transducergeek)
    Dave (Grumpy)*
    Hamilton*

Anyone else?

We're set for 4:30 PM on Saturday the 1st at Gladstone's in the Pike at Long Beach.

http://www.gladstoneslongbeach.com/direct.aspx

There is an opportunity for actual tube and horn listening afterward, as well as a trip into the Mysterious Vault of Audio Antiquities and Curiosities located in Long Beach, CA.

If you wrote me that you might come and your plans are now firm, please let me know. We don't want Ian to feel neglected by his Yankee Brethren.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    I assume that we are still a "go."
    Yes!

Is your wife going to join us?

Yes!

Is your wife going to join us?

She says she will. (Wants to do some errands on the way.)

Anyone else?
    I'd like to jump on this bandwagon at the last minute!
    See you at Gladstones!
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

Hi Guys,

Last minute switch was made to my work schedule and I have to work Saturday from 9am-9pm so I won't be able to make it. Hope you guys have a wonderful dinner and get together though, have a few clams and oysters for me, will ya'?

However, if you're still in for listening to JBL's, my friend Gordon is hosting a get together On Sunday from 12pm to whenever for our college group friends at the Shadow Park Community in Cerritos on South street between Bloomfield and Shoemaker. I'm supplying ths sound and I'll be bringing my 4331 utility cabs, 4x 4425's and a pair of L100's with new Indycraft Blue grille foams. They'll be set up mostly for PA type work but they should be good. I just hope they don't melt in the heat.

Have fun Ian, and hope to meet up again. Maybe I should fly to England??

Regards,

Bart
    Last edited by mech986; 09-01-2007 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Forgot the date and time
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Maybe I should fly to England??

Hi Bart,

you'd be welcomed at Heathrow mate , especially it your luggage included the Californian sunshine !. Enjoy your get together tomorrow. How about a few photo's,of both blue sky and baffles.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    How about a few photo's,of both blue sky and baffles.

Rich
    Blue skies no doubt, but not much greenery due to only 2.8 inches of rain last year and none so far this year. And it is HOT. Bart might melt the wax seals on his drivers.

I was going to chauffeur Ian around in the Mas convertible, but I think I'll opt for air conditioned comfort instead.

Ok, off to the airport. Ian's breakfast in America is calling. Here's our first stop:

http://www.rickyandronnies.com

Have fun guys!!

Rob

Attention all Lansing Heritage folks!

You are invited to my house tonight, Saturday 9-1, to hang out with other LHers, listen to sure 'nuff circa 1940 Lansing Iconics as well as my big a** living room horn rig, and take a tour of the Lansing museum of old, old, old stuff. We should be be back from dinner by 6:30 or 7PM, but someone will be here to receive visitors in any event. Come on down!

Steve Schell
    3824 Clark Avenue
    Long Beach, CA 90808
    (562)421-5145

Well, hopefully you guys got to bed by now.

Pictures should be up shortly from all parties, eh?

Ian, as a sidebar, the S2600 uses a 2426H compression driver in the horn. It's a 1.75" Ti (44mm) driver which is designated as the replacement driver for the 2425H originally used in the Everest DD55000's horn.

Hey Ian:

hope you guys had a great time last night. I may be able to make it to Chicago so call me or Pm me if you can ASAP ( phone is best), I've left messages with Dome, Zilch and Rick incase you don't have my phone numbers with you, if not hopefully my numbers are still your PM's

If I make it, I'll most likely be there by Monday, late afternoon or early evening..

take care
    rick

Post Ian's day begins....

After 14+ hours of flying, Ian's plane is due to arrive at LAX's Terminal 4 at 7:30 AM. I arrive at 7:15, park the car, and head to the terminal with the Lansing Heritage logo printed out with Welcome Ian across the top. The arrivals sign indicated the flight will be 30 minutes late, and a Qantas employee says it will now arrive at the Bradley International Terminal due to a shortage of gates. So, I hoof it over to Bradley.

After more than an hour of waiting in vain, I ask the info people in the terminal what's up. They direct me back to Terminal 4, so I hoof it back over there, and start looking for Ian. Lots of people about and hard to find anyone... ooh, my phone finally rings, and it's Ian, who's been calling me for an hour or so wondering where the bloody hell (my words, not his) I've been.

Well, we're finally well met, and I give him the now frazzled welcome sign, a solid handshake, and of we go.

Twenty minutes later, we're at Ricky and Ronnies, where Ian gets his Breakfast in America, a long stack of eight pancakes and a side of bacon, and a platinum blonde waitress with a tight, low-cut front who seems to like to bend forward. A lot.

All is well as we exit the place, driving past a gaggle of Porsches that appear to be assembling for a drive-in car show later in the day.

Post A quick trip around the Palos Verdes Pennsula

I took Ian on a whirlwind trek through the southern portion of the Palos Verdes Peninsula. I think he got a lot of shots. We briefly stopped at Friendship Park for the view of the entire LA/LB harbor all the way to Long Beach; the Wayfarer's Chapel, where a wedding was in progress (my daughter was married there last December); and the Korean Friendship Bell at Angels' Gate Park in old Fort MacArthur. He got to see a wonderful part of greater Los Angeles that most visitors never see.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thread Information