Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2nd LHS Meeting in Deutschland - 8/3/2007

More pics

You will see from all the pics that even though we were all going strong til 4:30 am that everyone was present at the breakfast table just a few hours later. Angelica, bless her heart, was up before 9 am and it was the aroma coming from the kitchen that jogged me off the mattress.

There's a lot to be said about a hot cup of good European coffee to give you a jump start after a late night party. As a black coffee drinker I surely had the caffeine advantage and I was up and running in a short amount of time. All of the milk and sugar guys needed a little more help.

After breakfast we all talked for a short while and then said good bye to Guido and Rich. They were off to Wurzburg to spend some time at Guido's place before Rich had to fly back to London. Claus also left shortly after that and drove south to Metzingen.

For the rest of the day HP, Angelica, Florian, Donna and I spent our time touring the Frankfurt area - a glass of wine here and another one there, as there were several wine fests going on. Our last stop was at a local brew house for a tall cold pilsner. Shortly after that we returned to Bad Homburg and Florian departed on his 4+ hour drive back to Berlin.

A good time was has by all.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

paragon

Stimmt !

Angelica, Dein Omlette ist unerreicht !

Eckhard

Yeah - can certainly confirm that. I would like to thank our hosts too – a great summer weekend at a lovely place.

Here are some more from

the morning after brunch – two real friends
    and on the way home – open air.

More pics

Our last day was Saturday and as I said earlier, we relaxed and spent a lot of time just talking about the events of the previous evening. That afternoon and evening was spent at HP's house, on the patio. We said earlier that we would all take a short nap before dinner but somehow it never happened. HP had local FM tuned in on his 4435's and we sat with wine and idle talk.

Angelica soon produced a wonderful lasagna and a bottle of good local red wine for dinner. Even though my eyes were starting to bleed I managed to get thru a good Tequila Sunrise and we all made it to 11pm. The party was now truely over as we had a departing flight at 8:30 the next morning - home now and back to reality.

It was good to see Guido again and we hope to meet the next time in Wurzburg. I spent two days earlier in the trip with Claus and Florian in Berlin so HP's party was for us an extension of our earlier meeting. Rich and I had a lot to talk about and have hopefully formed a new friendship - no I can't come to London in September Rich. Broke is the key word here. I now need to regroup for a while as I've been on a spending spree since May.

We had a wonderful time on this Germany trip and without any doubt, the last two days in Bad Homburg were the best. We RELAXED there after driving 53XX km making two day trips into Austria and two Day trips into Switzerland and a round trip to Berlin. HP and Angelica really rolled out the red carpet and there's no way that I can adequately express my thanks. Please make a trip to Chicago so I can try to repay your hospitality.

Rick

P.S. Eckhard - we missed you but we also understand the event that resulted in your absense. A 25 year Silver Anniversary is more important than what we had to offer. We'll watch for you at the next get together.

misc pics

ich bin ein Berliner

Rich:

Have my bags unpacked now and I'm sipping a small glass of Balvinie 21. It's OK as it's 5pm here. I had a lot of great beer on the trip but having some good single malt to sip at the party was an unexpected delight. I'm sure that Florian would agree. Thank you much!!!!!!!

I also have a kitchen counter top near full of beer glasses. I have the habbit of trying to come home with a glass from each good beer that I drink somewhere away from home, and my trips to Germany have produced a good size collection of very nicely decorated local brew haus glasses and mugs. Donna just shakes her head!!

Go after those 4343's.

Rick

Outstanding!

Hallo HP,

ich beneide euch. Eswar sicherlich wie nicht anders zu erwarten ein toller Abend. Ich weiss was ich versäumt habe.

juergen

I really wish I could have been there.

we missed you too

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    I really wish I could have been there.
    Rolf,

perhaps we forgot to tell you that also dogs are welcome
    no problem to bring your pretty shepherd with you.

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

UNPLUGGED

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    .....Sorry, I cant say HP's cover of The Who's "Magic bus" was up to par ( I told him to plug it in) .....Rich
    Hi Rich,

I hold it with Clapton........unplugged

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    Rolf,

perhaps we forgot to tell you that also dogs are welcome
    no problem to bring your pretty shepherd with you.

HP
    That's good. He have all the necessary vaccines to travel, but the reason I could not was my wife's hospital visit.

Hi HP,

has life returned to normal ?..... Thanks for everything . I'm off to look at these 4343's may have some more serial numbers for you if they are OK.

Give that wonderful wife a kiss on the cheek from me !

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by riessen View Post
    ich bin ein Berliner
    NOW we have the weather here that I had ordered for your visit already. Glad you and Donna liked it even so. Anytime again Rick – still a good portion of sights left – and it's a pleasure for me to play the guide.

We will repeat the riverboat trip on the long route then, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    the reason I could not was my wife's hospital visit.
    I hope your wife is better meanwhile. You're welcome here in Germany.

Thread Information