Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd LHS Meeting in Deutschland - 8/3/2007

Question

Wow, a day and a half of silence.

That must have been some party.

Give them a few more hours, they will be as good as new.!!!

Yes,

It will be interesting to see what transpired!

Ian

it's over

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Yes,

It will be interesting to see what transpired!

Ian
    Hi All,

stop yawning John..... I just drove Rick and Donna to the Frankfurt airport for their flight back to Chicago.

Let's be patient for the pics and stories he will bring up here.
    All I can say for now.....we had a great time with nice people.

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Wink Appetizer

The location: a part of HP's wonderful patio, and the entrance to the Blues Garage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    Let's be patient for the pics and stories he will bring up here.
    All I can say for now.....we had a great time with nice people.

Rick also had by far the best camera (a huge Nikon, in particular for night shots).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can't wait for the photos and pictures to emerge. It feels like Christmas morning.

Any 250TIs in attendance? What speakers were on display?

-Storm.

Hallo HP - Am now back home and have started sifting thru some of the pics from our trip. I took over 700 and filled a 2 GB card in the process.

Our meeting and party was no doubt a success and I believe that all in attendance had a good time. And as before, those who didn't make it surely missed a great event. As much as we tried to be sensible and not go into the wee hours of the morning, we didn't end the event until near 4:30 am and my head didn't hit the pillow until about 5:00 am.

Here's a few pics to start. Rick

more pics

The party started at HP's house with lots of JBL talk and shortly moved to the local restaurant for beer and a superb dinner.

As a life long American steak consumer I figure that I have eaten some pretty good cuts of beef throughout my life - but - for the second time this year I had the opportunity to eat one of the best steaks ever - a generous cut of good meat cooked medium rare and smothered with seasoned cooked onions and mushrooms. I'm sure that all of the food there was great but I couldn't resist having the same thing I had at the first meeting in Jan.

We had 6 members in attendance however we were short one member until about 9pm when Claus Dolderer (schloerch) arrived from Metzingen. In attendance were HP and wife Angelica, Guido and his London Sidekick Richluvsound, Claus, Florian from Berlin (fangio) and me and my wife Donna.

We had hoped for a larger turnout but we had more than enough attendees to make a great party. Had we been able to plan further in advance we might have improved the numbers. There will always be the next one sometime in the future.

More pics

I'll not attempt to expalin any of the pics posted here as I only took them to show everyone how the party went. You'll all have to use your own imaginations as to what was going on. While looking them over I had my own concerns. Why does Rich look like he drank 80% of all beer consumed? when he was the only one there not consuming mass amounts of alcohol. What was HP doing with his nose in a trumpet blossom in the drive after he had more than his share to drink?

It was nice being the photographer as there is no evidence that I was involved in anything but taking pictures.

I love that guitar

This sure was SOMETHING! Thanks everyone for this wonderful evening (night and morning). Special thanks to or wonderful hosts Angelica and HP.

Quote Originally Posted by riessen View Post
    It was nice being the photographer as there is no evidence that I was involved in anything but taking pictures.
    Richard, Fangio....

Post your pics from Rick so that everyone can see what was really going on

paragon

Great

Great to see you all again !!
    Love it !
    More pics , Rick ! I had no chance because of work and my silverwedding.
    See you all next time.

Eckhard

Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by paragon View Post
    .....and my silverwedding.
    See you all next time.

Eckhard
    Hi Eckhard,

Congrats for the silver one........also to wifey.......we missed you.....see you next time.

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Hey , a picture saves a thousand words !!!!! (talk about the pot calling the kettle black)

Just want to thank all of you for making me feel so welcome in Germany.

HP and Angelica are wonderful hosts, the lady can sure cook one hell of a breakfast.Sorry, I cant say HP's cover of The Who's "Magic bus" was up to par ( I told him to plug it in) Nice 4 ways in the blues bar made me feel less homesick. It really was brilliant . Talking tools and box building with the Maestro from Chicago was pretty cool too. I was sorry I had to leave ,
    but, it turned out to be just the start of a brilliant weekend . Guido and I left around 12 an drove to his place through the forest for a BBQ and some Pass Labs treats not mention the cc 250ti's , I'd never heard them before. Nice , but........ Anyway, spent a lovely evening on the patio chatting with Guido and his beautiful and charming new wife Claudia and the boy's. Claudia too , put on one hell of a breakfast spread. I wish I'd not been so polite and tucked in some more of that salmon. Got kinda hungry on the way home.
    More to follow !
    Rich

Thumbs up Visitor from UK

Rich – a pleasure to meet you. Looks like you enjoyed it too – and thanks for bringing the tasty 15yr old balvenie

Thread Information