View Poll Results: What model JBL 250, do you own?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • JBL 250

14 26.42%
  • JBL 250

22 41.51%
  • JBL 250TI Jubilee

19 35.85%
  • Are you the original owner?

6 11.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The JBL 250, 250TI, & 250TI Jubilee Club

I have 250ti Limited Edition.

I got mine in the later part of 2001. They had been demospeakers at Neby hifi in Oslo. And when the change in the JBL/Harman group appeared, I got mine, at a reasonable price, through a friend. They needed some attention indeed! Only the left one functioned, the woofers had rot, and the high gloss black color, looked grey..
    But after a few days of attention, spraying the terminals with hifispray, ordering some new woofers and using bottles of car wax - they once again looked astonishing!!

And the sound and the elegance has followed me from then...... Am I addicted to the ti-sound? Yes!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1635
Size:  68.9 KB

The LE14H-3 woofer.

Views: 1587
Size:  68.0 KB

Limited Edition.

Views: 1371
Size:  58.1 KB

Now that this zombie thread has risen from the grave, can anyone explain the choices in the poll? For instance, I have 250ti in Teak, so what button do I push??
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Now that this zombie thread has risen from the grave, can anyone explain the choices in the poll? For instance, I have 250ti in Teak, so what button do I push??
    read thread post #2

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I just noticed that the poll has two JBL 250s. The second one down will be JBL 250TI.

I tried revising, to no success. If any moderator wants to change it and then delete this post, that is fine with me.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thank you.

-Storm.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Tweeters needed

I just got a pair of L250 given to me by a long time friend. Some water damage that I can repair. The problem is a dented tweeter. Does anyone have a source for 044-1 tweeter diaphragms?

Quote Originally Posted by Bliss53 View Post
    I just got a pair of L250 given to me by a long time friend. Some water damage that I can repair. The problem is a dented tweeter. Does anyone have a source for 044-1 tweeter diaphragms?
    Most people resort to using a 044 diaphragm. Its not the same color but is identical in every other way.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    Most people resort to using a 044 diaphragm. Its not the same color but is identical in every other way.
    Thank you for the response. Cam you suggest a source to purchase 044 diaphragms?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliss53 View Post
    Thank you for the response. Cam you suggest a source to purchase 044 diaphragms?

Thank you.
    Buy a couple used 044 tweeters.

250ti replacement 5"104H 104H-2

I'm in Dallas and I just bought a used pair of 250ti in teak. The 104H are completely gone from both speakers. I found a pair of new, in the box 104H-2 on eBay. Will these sound right and how will this substitution affect the resale value of the 250tis? Also, the grilles are completely gone. I would appreciate advice on restoring these 250s to as close as possible to their original condition and make them available to someone who has the room and financial resources. Where is the best place to advertise these for sale?

The 104h-2 is a reasonable substitute and some people might actually prefer it (talking to you Gordon :-). The lack of grilles may or may not be a problem for your buyer so I'm not sure I'd worry about that yet. You can list them for sale here but most of us are pretty well stocked up.

They are tough to ship so you may be looking at a local sale...

jblnut

250ti

I have had mine for a while now and I truly enjoy them. Replaced the grill cloth and all is good. Previous owner had the woofers refoamed.

Good to hear, welcome to the forum!

250 ti on CL

Hello all,

Picked up my 250s on Craiglist last year, was the first set I have seen in 30 years. Bought them out of a guys garage.
    He hooked them up to an old boombox with removable speakers, sounded like crap but I didnt care. Guy was asking 650 gave him 750 to seal the deal. So they needed the woofers refoamed, one of the mid woofers had a hole in it, and the tweeter domes were pushed in and one of the tweeter grilles were missing. Now all the damaged drivers have been repaired, friend of mine used to work at Jbl refoamed the woofers, repaired the 8 inch woofer, and carefully pushed out the titanium domes. Bought some dead 035ti tweeters on ebay to use as parts for the metal grill that was missing. And no have not listened to them yet. Now we are refinishing the cabinets and upgrading the components on the crossovers. Hopefully will have them done by the end of March. Cannot wiat to listen to them! Will be a year in May.

Cheers,
    Philster

Thread Information