Thread: 2404HPL-L

2404HPL-L

Hello folks,

Just a quick one. Can one of you tell me what the numbering of my 2404H does mean? I got an offer on the 2405H version, but without the diaphragme. Can I use the one from my 2404H to install in the 2405H?

Thanx in advance

Flemming

RIP 2009
    I believe the 2404H uses the same diaphragm as the 2405H, but the 2404H-1, (installed in many JBL Pro cabinets), used the 2402 diaphragm, which I believe resulted in somewhat less VHF output.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Flemming Skov View Post
    Hello folks,

Just a quick one. Can one of you tell me what the numbering of my 2404H does mean? I got an offer on the 2405H version, but without the diaphragme. Can I use the one from my 2404H to install in the 2405H?

Thanx in advance

Flemming
    Ahh, maybe I can answer it myself. When disassembling the unit the stamp on the "golden colured" diaphragme indicated 2405. So maybe the letter -L indicate light?

Flemming

Hi again,

Sorry if this has been discussed in a previous thread.

Has anyone recognize that when transforming from f.ex. an 2404H to an 2405H the phase plug has a different diameter?

This maybe result in the reason for the higher x-over usage due to the mechanical press on the diaphragme (less moving mass = higher frequency resonanse or...)?

Regards
    Flemming

There are certainly two different diameters of the conical phase plugs used in 2403, 2404, and 2404H-1.

That appears to manifest in the overhang of the diaphragm, not the clamping surface, though.

I have not measured the motor/phase plug assemblies precisely, but there are differences among these, at least, which are not defined, to the best of my knowledge.

Thread Information