Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKFAST IN AMERICA

BREAKFAST IN AMERICA

I am proposing to spend a few days in SF (1-4) while on vacation in early September (2007) and figured it would be fun to meet up with some local members.

I have no idea how this might work out but we could meet as a group at a local venue for a meal or I can try and catch up with a few of you on an individual basis as I will be hiring a car. There will also be plenty of Koala bears for your kids.

I actually drove 2500 miles last time in the USA without a hitch..touch wood (special thanks to the Putnam driving school).

Some might think this is a fairly bold move and you are probably right.....but it would be pretty rude not to say hello to more of you the second time around.

The rest of my plans are yet to be determined but I will be heading east after that. There is scope for a (short) stop over in LA towards the end of my 14 day visit.

If you will like to meet up please post or pm as you wish.

It is my intention to crystalise the itinerary within a week.

Please no jokes.

Ian

Ian:

your welcome to stay with me and my lady on your trip. I'm in Kansas City which is half way across the country and a good spot to rest.... food and drinks on me...

Smile LA/SoCal

If the short stopover in LA materializes, I'll be glad to organize a social event for the SoCal members so you can meet and greet, grab and growl, grunt and punt, and move and groove.

The sooner you can specify the date, the sooner I can get started, if you're interested in this sort of thing. Otherwise, I'd be happy to host you for a quiet evening at home with the Performance Series, S2600s, L7s, SVA2100s, XPL200s, etc., or a pub crawl through San Pedro (my seaside harbor town).

Thanks JBLnsince1959 and Titanium Dome.

You are both very generous

The dates are looking like 1-4th September in SF at the moment

But I would not want to put you to a big deal or organise a bunch of troops.

So perhaps the later unless there is a deluge of interest for a pie throwing contest at a tourist.

JBLnsince1959 I will followup with you via a pm shortly.

Thankyou both

regards

Ian

Ian

Just to be clear, San Pedro is in Los Angeles at the harbor.

Doug

Sorry I mis read your post.

I have to say its a rather complicated thing to figure out when the geography is remote and you dont' have a map in front of you!

I will pm you about the details.

regards

Ian

Ian if you are in L.A. long enough I would sure enjoy visiting with you. Come on by and we'll crank up the Iconics. Maybe we could arrange a group meeting here. You are welcome to stay over if you don't mind somewhat rustic accomodations. I am in Long Beach, about fifteen miles from TD.

Hi Steve,

That sounds like a nice idea!

Doug has been kind enough to help plan a stop over.

Breakfast in America looks it may well be in LA.

Steve, I will pm you over the weekend.

Thankyou to everyone who has pm'd me and I will followup with you when my plans have solidified.

Ian

Hi, Ian. Count me in on any SF Bay Area gathering. Looking forward to meeting you.

Ed S.

Thanks Ed,

The whole trip has evolved very quickly over the past few days and now has global proportions.

As a result it will be a bit of a balancing act in terms of flying time/airports and having two feet on the ground but I will try and meet up with as many Lansing forum members as practical.

I hope to have some specifics on where and when by this Wednesday and will write to everyone when I meet with the travel agent to finalise the itinerary.

When things get bit closer I will probably post a thread in the new OT forums of what unfolds and no doubt some carefully edited pics and I promise to have a different shirt for each stop over this time!

(My wardrobe has significantly improved but I need to go on crash diet starting tonight!)

I am really looking forward to this trip.

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    (My wardrobe has significantly improved...
    Golly gee I sure hope so.

Those endless pictures of the SAME shirt (featured in your picture...) were largely why we boosted the OT section to begin with...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

OT

How do I get to the sacred OT section ?
    Last edited by richluvsound; 07-17-2007 at 09:03 AM. Reason: posted in the wrong place

It's just below here. Off Topic Forums.

A mere trifle of it's original girth, but it will grow again...

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    Golly gee I sure hope so.

Those endless pictures of the SAME shirt (featured in your picture...) were largely why we boosted the OT section to begin with...
    Bo, I must admit you have a great sense of humor.

Guys,

You are funny (dry)

Well I am about 2 stone heavier than last time so I might being wearing my Uncle Fester outfit if all else fails!

Trying to diet and get out more so I can fit into my sunday best for you guys. Walked home from work last night, took and hour and only missed 10 minuties of Miami CSI. Done that twice this week actually

I am seeing the travel agent today about origanising some extra stops.

Ian

Uncle Fester is a completely hairless, hunched, and barrel-shaped man with dark, sunken eyes and often a deranged smile. He always wears a heavy, full-length fur coat. Fester was derived from a character drawn by cartoonist Charles Addams, although these were single page cartoons, with no stories or character names. Nevertheless, the character is recognizable in a number of cartoons, both by his appearance (bald, stooping, sunken eyes) and behavior (e.g. turning the shower to a special "scalding" setting, feeding his garden plants on blood plasma, or releasing an eagle on the neighbor's homing pigeons). However, he is almost never seen in the same cartoons with the rest of the family, even for family celebrations like pouring boiling oil on carol singers (though he was in one cartoon with the two children—going fishing with dynamite). (It may be that he was introduced to the family at the time of the sitcom for dramatic convenience.) It is known that the name "Fester" was chosen by Addams for the sitcom.

Thread Information