Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Behringer DCX2496 digital x-over any good

JBL 4645

Jurassic Park III with DCX2496

T-Rex VS super dinosaur is Just Bloody Loud! So I looked at the problem how to improve on the softly spoken dialogue as well as soft Foley effects.

Jurassic Park III centre channel DME Normal level
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aYijZzHHQA&feature=related

Jurassic Park III centre channel DME Dolby audio compressor ON
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6WC_y61SZQ&feature=related

Jurassic Park III centre channel DME Dolby audio compressor with dynamic EQ ON
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsK4EqhvSCI

JBL 4645
    DolbyTrue Star Trek Bluray crossover settings with Berhringer DCX2496 centre channel only
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoBsIW87Qns

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    DolbyTrue Star Trek Bluray crossover settings with Berhringer DCX2496 centre channel only
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoBsIW87Qns
    You got a BluRay player in your system now???
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    You got a BluRay player in your system now???
    I believe that is what I put in the text unless I’m imagining the brighter crisper sharper image and lossless pure strength of the DolbyTrue and at 24 frames not the silly PAL speed up of (region 2 DVD or PAL laserdiscs and VHS tape) sigh.

I guess you haven’t seen the other thread ware I included picture of the Philips BDP3000, only £97.00 pounds at ASDA! HMV was flogging it off at £124.00 but then that’s just typical of their pricing.

It pays to shop around! And I would have gotten it for a bit less on the internet, but its cheaper than my first Sony DVD player that was £450.00 pounds, now then!

JBL 4645
    Okay who here is using the DCX2496 mated with an RS-232 lead that works with the pc to DCX2496 as remote?

Seems like its not working on my DCX2496 or I’ve misread the users manual or something else that is eluding me?

Should the mating with pc to DCX2496 send the sound that is presently play though the DCX2496 and illuminate the remote on the pc? That is should the barograph display light-up on the pc.

£10.00 pounds for RS-233 lead!

I'm not sure about the Behringer units but DBX DSP's use a crossover or what they call a "null modem" RS232 cable to connect a PC to their DSP's. See if there is any mention of something like that in the manual. The cable would look the same as a straight through 232 cable.

dcx2496 remote

Okay who here is using the DCX2496 mated with an RS-232 lead that works with the pc to DCX2496 as remote?
    Seems like its not working on my DCX2496 or I’ve misread the users manual or something else that is eluding me?
    Should the mating with pc to DCX2496 send the sound that is presently play though the DCX2496 and illuminate the remote on the pc? That is should the barograph display light-up on the pc.
    I have been using DCX-Remote software, with a null modem cable, to control two DCX2496's in five-way crossover configuration for several years now.
    The music does not get transmitted, only some of the level (and clipping) information for the bar-graph. Make sure that you check the "stay connected" button on the connect page before clicking enter.
    When used with a long rs232 lead, the laptop is useful for real-time adjustements to filters and eq.
    Note also that the communication software works better with old pc's (window 95 or 97) rather than new xp or vista operating systems
    jack

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by jack_bouska View Post
    I have been using DCX-Remote software, with a null modem cable, to control two DCX2496's in five-way crossover configuration for several years now.
    The music does not get transmitted, only some of the level (and clipping) information for the bar-graph. Make sure that you check the "stay connected" button on the connect page before clicking enter.
    When used with a long rs232 lead, the laptop is useful for real-time adjustements to filters and eq.
    Note also that the communication software works better with old pc's (window 95 or 97) rather than new xp or vista operating systems
    jack
    jack
    Yeah cheers a lot for the information, its XP so no worries no real loss I just wanted to try the lead out and now I know.

Maybe I’ll use the lead for the video projector then.

Ashley...

This can be tricky and frustrating, so double-check everything. Re-read the manual. But, it is a MUCH better way to control these DSP's, so give it a try.

The RS-232 connection allows you to control the DCX2496 through your PC - as Jack sez there is no audio coming through the RS-232 connection. You will need to download and install some "free editor software" from Behringer.com. This will give you interfaces to see your settings and control them.

Under Setup -> Miscellaneous: Make sure the "Port" is set to "PC (RS232).

Make sure you check that the right port is selected in the "editor" software.

Make sure you set the baud rate - the manual recommends 115200, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity.

If you use a USB-Serial converter, make sure you know which Port gets assigned to the USB you use with the adapter - you will have to make sure this is used in the software.

Have fun...

JBL 4645
    Morning bop

Frustrating…I’m about to throw it out the window!

I was thinking maybe the lead is faulty/broken yes, I have volt meter to check the pins for possible breakage, but really it’s a brand new lead. LOL

Yes the connecting is set to (RS-232)

Should the commands entered on the pc remote go to the DCX2496 instantaneously or do you have to press a button that will load (the new programming onto the DCX2496)?

This is what the situation looks like at present.
    I have gone to the (connection) page some ten or more times now!

(Version)
    (Name)
    (Device)

^^^Are those suppose to be blank?

The stay connected check isn’t really functioning it seems to always be (checked).

The data does that have to be (unchecked)?

Also when I press the (DCX2496 Search) nothing happens?

Generally I don’t want to mess up the EQ that has been trimmed on it, recently or the crossover filters.

These products where never made with firmware software intended where they.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JBL 4645
    This is there latest upgrade so it is firmware upgradeable. I just didn’t see a (Ethernet cable) for downloading software apart from the two that are used for daisy chaining DCX2496 together.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DCX2496.aspx

Wow so how do I go about of uploading the new software the extra 15% for more EQ filters or Dynamic EQ would be an advantage since I’m down to 6% not enough for dynamic EQ unless I trade-off some PEQ filters or crossover filter slopes to lower setting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've not read the manual, don't want to, and expect that any firmware uploads would be
    through the serial port... but I see no evidence that you've connected the unit to your PC
    properly. Are you using a 'null-modem' cable, as has been stated by several folks who I
    am quite sure know what they are talking about? This would at the very least swap pins
    2 and 3 from one end of the cable to the other... it is -not- a straight through cable.

(Version)
    (Name)
    (Device)

^^^Are those suppose to be blank?

The stay connected check isn’t really functioning it seems to always be (checked).

The data does that have to be (unchecked)?

Also when I press the (DCX2496 Search) nothing happens?
    I think you missed the most important drop down - the one that asks: Communications port?

You have to tell the software how the PC is communicating to the DCX.

Then, hit Search and it will try and synch with the DCX.

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    I think you missed the most important drop down - the one that asks: Communications port?

You have to tell the software how the PC is communicating to the DCX.
    Then, hit Search and it will try and synch with the DCX.
    Well, he still hasn't mentioned if he's using a NULL MODEM cable,
    with the comm lines flipped from a conventional RS-232 cable.

If he isn't using the right cable it will never comm to his PC ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Well, he still hasn't mentioned if he's using a NULL MODEM cable, with the comm lines flipped from a conventional RS-232 cable.

If he isn't using the right cable it will never comm to his PC ...
    I was going to warn of that too, but...

Quote Originally Posted by jack_bouska View Post
    xta DSP's require a one-to-one cable, but apprently not the Behringers. Oddly, their manual does not specify...

Thread Information