Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Behringer DCX2496 digital x-over any good

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caldwell View Post
    Hello
    It's been some time since I warmed up the tubes in my old short wave receiver I have but I remember the BBC somewhere around 6000 khz.

Mike Caldwell
    Yeah, but is that domestic service or worldwide?
    I used to pickup BBC world service broadcasts from all over the world on different frequencies, but what is the home service broadcast on?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/
    Radio 4 - (used to be known as BBC Home service)

trying to find the freq via the Beeb website (what a cluster-fook)
    seems like they use
    648kHz in SE England and the rest of Europe
    720kHz in London and Northern Ireland

God only knows about Cardiff (Torchwood complex)
    or Bournemouth (are ye still in Bournemouth laddie?)
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    So what you’re saying is the DCX2496 is prone to receiving airwave broadcasts from radio. What puzzles me is why doesn’t my yucky mobile, curse interference, why some crappy BBC radio station that is miles away.

Unless there’s a repeater placed somewhere near?

Anyway I haven’t noticed this evening, unless it was atmospherics in the upper ionosphere last night, some propagation, for some good USB and LSB sideband chat on the CB radio. The weather has been rather cold these past few days so it could be the change in the temperature that cursed the funny?

Poor reception

Really, so it's gone? Good news. If it was RFI from high field strength, which has to be from a nearby source, I'm assuming moving cables and checking grounds, etc., has altered the "antenna" and made the Behringer a bad radio receiver again. GOOD!

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywave-Rider View Post
    Really, so it's gone? Good news. If it was RFI from high field strength, which has to be from a nearby source, I'm assuming moving cables and checking grounds, etc., has altered the "antenna" and made the Behringer a bad radio receiver again. GOOD!

Well they could have damn well improved on the frigging reception a bit more.

No issues last night well not as, bad as the night before it. I could make out very back of the box faint sound, but that was standing right up to the loudspeaker with my ear against it, and I could just make out a few words that, was so hard to tell what was being said.

It could be the cables acting as an antenna in the room, couldn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Well they could have damn well improved on the frigging reception a bit more.

No issues last night well not as, bad as the night before it. I could make out very back of the box faint sound, but that was standing right up to the loudspeaker with my ear against it, and I could just make out a few words that, was so hard to tell what was being said.

It could be the cables acting as an antenna in the room, couldn’t it?
    Damn Sam, when you jam a tuned stub right into your inputs, you're bound to couple that radio right on in!

... Its not the Beeb's fault, its the (poor) cheap shielding on your cables'n'gear!!

BTW - Are you paying your reception TAX for those unwanted signals???
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Damn Sam, when you jam a tuned stub right into your inputs, you're bound to couple that radio right on in!

... Its not the Beeb's fault, its the (poor) cheap shielding on your cables'n'gear!!

BTW - Are you paying your reception TAX for those unwanted signals???
    No I am not paying tax on it. I’m a Snips supporter.

I guess I could send Behringer an email and see what they make of this, because I think no Beheringer supporter should have to put up with this radio interference issue on there DCX2496.

JBL 4645
    Just sent rely to Behringer support department, lets see what they make of this shall we, I also said if they would like to pop on over to this thread for a chat on this issue, well where see.

Any word from Behringer?
    Interference still gone?

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywave-Rider View Post
    Any word from Behringer?
    Interference still gone?

No word form them as of yet in my [inbox] I haven’t powered up the JBL room today, I might power it up later on this evening and check if that [radio interference] is still seeping though the system on channel 1 output.

JBL 4645
    Well I’ve decided to power it up early, checked by turn the volume level up on the Alesis RA300 from 11 clicks around to full, and not an audio sign of [radio interference] being received.

Maybe it was poltergeist the other night; strange occurrences do happen occasionally, outer space or innerspace interferences, curved space solar winds or black holes.

Anyway I’ve got John Williams playing in the room Star Wars A New Hope disc 2.

Well that's good news.
    I read in another thread ur working with the room mode calculator for your surround room. Just curious, have you fixed your listening and speaker positions yet?

JBL 4645
    No good heavens no, I haven’t really settled down in the JBL room for a few nights now, I’ve just got music by John Williams playing, with the door open while I re-think my planning strategy over and over. The surrounds as they are in the other room are working just fine.

I tilted the and toed in the centre back surrounds to reach the listeners ears using [wideband pink noise] and listened while turning my head a few degrees to left and right, I was looking for a strong focused sound that would make me turn around when Skywalker use the lightsaber in episode 2 and 3.

The focising of the sound effects is wondrous as it shifts pitch and tone moving though the air, [Doppler Effect].

With the two Jedi’s Obi-won and Skywalker locked in mortal combat with Count Dooku, has the lightsbaers clash and sparkle with transparency, it then moves from front LCR to centre back where the lightsaber tone is heard, with Palpatine observing his new appetence.

Then the lightsbaer is panned back to the LCR fronts.

So there is a good sound in the small room, just not deep enough for the lows I think, and bit more spacing between the seating and the centre back surrounds will add more excitement and spaciousness.

The [room mode calculator] is good but I find it to be a real pig’s ear to figure out, I’m sure over the course of time I’ll twig onto it.

Sorry for the confusion.
    And thanks for the play by play images on the SFX, you really make me want a surround setup.

JBL 4645
    Skywave-Rider

No confusion at all I was already confused LOL yes when you get the time buy a neat AVR for processor and use the RCA phones on it to power want ever you desire.

JBL 4645
    Behringer DCX2496 in action Star Trek the Motion Picture
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArAYvBY1gXc

Thread Information