Ken,

So why do you think so many pro digital stuff and now blended to Vari Tube sound controls?

You have to decide if being hung up on the convenience of DIGITAL is more important (powerful) than the ultimate refinement of ANALOGUE.

I agree digital has improved but there is still good and bad digital as far as recording and equipment go but the pro stuff and the people that drive the gear are getting better at it.

I have some really good Dyaudio monitors on loan (sorry..yes its true I dlisten to other things. These are for near field evaluations) and it quite revealing of variations in production standards and the sound they wanted to impart using a referencr like Lavry DA convertor. The good stuff is wonderful, the bad is terrible.

But using a good universal DVD player or your lazy susan you really are non the wiser......That can be a good thing but this the a problem I have with chopping up the whole spectrum digitally like a Pizza.

We'll throw a bit of this on here and bit of that on there and there you go have some of that for good measure. Then you have devils own job and getting it all to working and balanced. The success rate of the average Dude sorting all this ain't real flash. Its just easlier and safer to buy some WAF friendly stuff.