Thread: Post your collection of JBL Catalogs

Post your collection of JBL Catalogs

Mod's not sure if this should be here,please move if deemed necessary.

I guess there is talk about a new site and this new site will need some material. I suggest you post what you have in the way of JBL and Altec catalogs.This way Don or Giskard or whoever can get an idea what we have.My collection is as follows.

1960 full line JBL catalog reproduction 18 page's

JBL loudspeakers and Loudspeaker systems JBl Energizer/Transducer's dated march 1964 reproduction,I think

1965 Consumer catalog 8 page's Reproduction

1973 professional catalog 16 page's Reproduction
    1968 consumer catalog 12 pages Reproduction
    1959 Vintage Speaker catalog 24 pages Reproduction

1970 professional catalog original. 14 page's

Three piece of vintage JBL sales flyers/literature for JBL components in the early 70's,has pictures,description, and specs. original

Maybe someone should start a thread with Altec to keep it organized and easier to access. Just a thought.

RIP 2009
    Sheesh! I've got so much JBL literature it would take 5 pages of postings, (or more), to cover it all! I previously scanned a bunch and sent it to Don, but it never appeared. I'm now waiting until they've got some updates in place here before submitting more...

John

JBL-Catalogues

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    Sheesh! I've got so much JBL literature it would take 5 pages of postings, (or more), to cover it all! I previously scanned a bunch and sent it to Don, but it never appeared. I'm now waiting until they've got some updates in place here before submitting more...

John
    Hi KJ, Hi John,

here's again my list.......what about to complete it with your things?
    Let me know and I send you the Excel sheet (maybe added with a column for the owner)

HP

PS: the "red" ones are from high interest for our members I think
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

John
    John, I was thinking about just posting what catalog's we have not scanning or sending to someone. This way if something is needed and we have it the power's to be know's who has it.The one's I posted I bought because the forum did not show them in the library.Giskard had mentioned that there was a problem with the site receiving new uploads of this material.Whenever the site is ready Don or Giskard can look here to see what is needed and who has it.

Hp, has a good idea with the Excel spreadsheet, maybe something like the Serial registry but only for catalogs/Literature covering JBL and Altec product's.Just rattling my brain a little here.

Once we know what Don needs we could scan whatever catalogs we have to our hard drive and burn them to CD or DVD. At that point its easy to just mail the disc(s) to Don or whoever is uploading the stuff so they can post them when they get the time. We just need to make sure we scan in an organized fashion and use a reasonable naming system. Something like
    "JBL-Consumer1973-pg01.jpg", "JBL-Consumer1973-pg02.jpg"
    "L-36-brochure-0776-ph01.jpg" (I think all the JBL paperwork I have seen has a date code on the back page like that ...)

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
    John, I was thinking about just posting what catalog's we have not scanning or sending to someone. This way if something is needed and we have it the power's to be know's who has it.The one's I posted I bought because the forum did not show them in the library.Giskard had mentioned that there was a problem with the site receiving new uploads of this material.Whenever the site is ready Don or Giskard can look here to see what is needed and who has it.

Hp, has a good idea with the Excel spreadsheet, maybe something like the Serial registry but only for catalogs/Literature covering JBL and Altec product's.Just rattling my brain a little here.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I previously scanned a bunch and sent it to Don, but it never appeared. I'm now waiting until they've got some updates in place here before submitting more...
    I am nearly positive all prior submittals are intact, and awaiting Don's attention - not the least of which is organizational structure. In-part, this plays into a "massive" (my word) restructuring of the Library - a non-trivial task which has been de-prioritized by unexpected events over the past six-months.

Patience - it is coming.

Good idea to post here what information we all have that could be contributed - if possible organized following HansPeter's example? Include worthy notations of condition, etc, as is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    We just need to make sure we scan in an organized fashion and use a reasonable naming system. Something like
    "JBL-Consumer1973-pg01.jpg",
    "JBL-Consumer1973-pg02.jpg"
    "L-36-brochure-0776-ph01.jpg"
    (I think all the JBL paperwork I have seen has a date code on the back page like that ...)
    Yes, as with any digitization of paper archives, a structured naming convention is needed.
    Also, there will be guidelines over what file types are best and byte size limitations, etc.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

I have originals of just about all the 50's 60's ones on this site along with a bunch of promotional things from that period that they don't have.

Thread Information