Thread: Reference pictures of items not pictured on this site

Reference pictures of items not pictured on this site

I was wondering if we could start a thread or sticky of hard to id or different versions of parts,I think it would be of great to have a place to reference different small parts that JBL used,Im willing to submit pictures of some of the stuff I have,like these pictures and go from there
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Why not just drop them into Photo's. I have a bunch of driver photos in my Album that can be used in much the same way.

Rob

Wherever you put them include some kind of descriptive keywords so they can be found by doing a search.
    For example these might be associated with:
    grill grille mounting post posts
    spring loaded binding post terminals
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

Rob,I agree,reference picture should go there,After looking closer at the pictures,I dont think my camera takes good enough pictures for reference pictures,I spent more time again today and they look out of focus-not clear enough,for my taste

Use macro mode, if your camera has it....

Please delete this thread

doesnt have it-I would like to just delete this thread(but how??),and I just get a better camera and start all over-I enclosed another picture,this one of hardware,as you can see-junk-uselessI also agree that they need to be labeled-name/type/size/vintage/old JBL part number-I still have all this info,I thought it would be a good idea and since Im letting go of my spares,this would be a great time to document this stuff before its to late.
    Last edited by jblwolf; 06-30-2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: added

Well food for thought. I just dropped one of your photo's into Paint Shop and added some text. You camera will probably work if you use a tripod and a set shooting distance. It's a good idea don't give up yet.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Well food for thought. I just dropped one of your photo's into Paint Shop and added some text. You camera will probably work if you use a tripod and a set shooting distance. It's a good idea don't give up yet.

Rob
    The metal spring clip thing on the left looks like the clips that held the factory grilles on my original 4320 cabinets - (most were broken off when I got it, the rest I removed as they were a rusty hazard) ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

The one on the right is press-in, too. Those are chevrons, not threads.

Heather knows vintage JBL grille mounting, she does...

ah yes the very old metal grill retainer-thats what I'm gonna try to do,document all the odd ball/old parts/parts from 1960 to 1984,the grill pegs were the best this camera can do,the problem is 1-not having some type of screen to see the picture right after it is taken 2-need a tripod 3-get another camera,I think this is too important,so I will hold off and I will start looking for a editing program/new camera/tripod. I will also get a better look at the photo area and see how that works.oh by the way how many styles of the ma15(clamps) did JBL have?or should I have said castings??
    Last edited by jblwolf; 07-01-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: add mo

I just dropped one of your photo's into Paint Shop and added some text.
    Rob
    Looks nice, but text that is part of the picture wouldn't help if you're trying to find these things using the search function. So it would still be useful to identify the items in a text caption:
    Left to right, 1.Spring steel grill retainer (late 50s, early 60s) 2. and 3. White plastic press-in grill dowel pins 4. Black plastic press-in grill dowel pin 5. Black plastic press-in grill dowel pin with chevrons
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

Looks nice, but text that is part of the picture wouldn't help if you're trying to find these things using the search function. So it would still be useful to identify the items in a text caption:
    Left to right, 1.Spring steel grill retainer (late 50s, early 60s) 2. and 3. White plastic press-in grill dowel pins 4. Black plastic press-in grill dowel pin 5. Black plastic press-in grill dowel pin with chevrons
    Agreed I am suggesting you do both. If the photo is downloaded you don't need the text box to show what it is.

Rob

Rob
    The one on the left is used to hold the grill fretwork in place on the Apollo cabinets that I sold to Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by jblwolf View Post
    doesnt have it-I would like to just delete this thread(but how??),and I just get a better camera and start all over-I enclosed another picture,this one of hardware,as you can see-junk-uselessI also agree that they need to be labeled-name/type/size/vintage/old JBL part number-I still have all this info,I thought it would be a good idea and since Im letting go of my spares,this would be a great time to document this stuff before its to late.
    The acorn nuts on the threaded studs were used on the LE175/potato masher combo I had. The black T-nut/pan head screws come with the W15GTIs.

Thread Information