Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JBL C36 Find Today

Sheltiedave, Thanks for the apology...I am so glad it was a mistake because I was about to tell everyone to start buying glasses

It will be interesting to see what happens. There has been quite a few questions already and 40 people watching it right now.

i dont care what THEY say, these guys aren't that bad.

Has anyone asked how much you want for just the legs yet?

[Not going there. No, no.... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    Has anyone asked how much you want for just the legs yet?

[Not going there. No, no.... ]
    No, but someone offered a trade...all the legs for something called a Paragon? [shrugs]

lol!

I gotta say this is one of the best eBay auctions I've seen. Pics are thorough and well done. Great detail and full disclosure on the damaged areas.

You are doing right by these, thanks for not parting them out!
    "Zobel is as zobel does"

Quote Originally Posted by seekerdestroyer View Post
    No, but someone offered a trade...all the legs for something called a Paragon? [shrugs]

lol!
    Heh. Tell 'em, "No DEAL!" Once refurbished (and upgraded, ) these'll be better than ANY Paragon.

[And the legs DO affect the sound.... ]

Quote Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
    I'm glad to read (and see) that the sets of LE20s, 14s and other C36 guts on the disappeared EBay auction were not yours, seekerdestroyer. I made a mistake assuming there would not be two sets of C36s showing up in Chicago and hitting Ebay in the same 24 hours - my bad.

Thanks for keeping them together - I get fired up when I see something that has survived 50 years together torn apart. I apologize for the vulture comment sent your way. Good luck in your sale.
    Sheltiedave, I think you were looking at a set from a guy in Northbrook,IL. This guy had this whole set listed on Craigslist for $180.00. This set was listed as C53's. I called him and was on my way to pick them up when he called me half way to his house and said a guy just beat me and bought them. No problem. then I look on ebay and this guy has the set parted out.

I emailed him with my daughter's computer and asked if they were still available.His answer was sorry all I have is empty boxes and you can have them for $15.00. His first auction on these produced no bidder's.They are now relisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Paul View Post
    I gotta say this is one of the best eBay auctions I've seen. Pics are thorough and well done. Great detail and full disclosure on the damaged areas.

You are doing right by these, thanks for not parting them out!
    THANKS! This is my Forte, so to speak. I mainly sell clothes on ebay and I do it for a living right now. My approach is to just try to make the listings with everything I would want to know and see as a buyer. I really did want to put more photos up, but I think the ones there are all the necessary pics. I have about 75-100 total. This should be fun to watch...There are now a total of 50 people watching this. I'm not sure, but I feel like this thread is finally starting to lighten up.

Thread Information