Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL C36 Find Today

JBL C36 Find Today

Hello all! I am brand new to the forum here and this is my ribbon-cutting post. Today I bought a pair of JBL C36 speakers loaded with the LE14a woofers and LE20 tweeters. Not quite sure what i'll do with this, but I'm just enjoying their song for the time being. They seem to be in great cosmetic and operating condition...sure makes me wish I had a nice tube amp...oh well. Wondering if any of you had a definitive word on the Herman Miller-esque-ish legs? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by seekerdestroyer View Post
    Wondering if any of you had a definitive word on the Herman Miller-esque-ish legs?
    Don't know how definitive it is, but those legs were mentioned in this post from a thread about the JBL C39 Harlan (originallly Jourdan) and Herman Miller design influences:
    "the spun aluminum legs are a george nelson office for herman miller thin edge design."

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...8&postcount=19
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

Where did you find those and how much?

I know more than one of us is dying to know the details.

Nice find!

-Storm.

Hey guys!
    Keeps getting later here.
    There's a store around the corner from me, a resale/thrift place that gets all sorts of things. I go in there a few times a week as I pass by and always have my fingers crossed for the hi-fi-nds. They were sitting, waiting for me and it was raining pretty hard that day so i knew i wasnt going to take them home right away. The owner said they worked and I asked to test them...he kept cranking up the bass and freaking me out. He said he want $150 for them...thats a LOT for that store. Anyway, I went in to pick them up today and carry each of them 2 blocks and 3 flights of stairs. Oh! He mentioned that someone else was trying to buy them...just for the legs. There's your details...there are more photos too!http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Smile 'bout those legs...

'bout those legs, ...hubba, hubba

Maron Horonzakz
    Nice pics of the JBLs But that triangle table between the spreakers....is valuable too....Do you know who made it?

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    Nice pics of the JBLs But that triangle table between the spreakers....is valuable too....Do you know who made it?
    It looks like a LANE table to me. If that is the case, it is worthless without it's other half.

If it is anything "made in Denmark" -- value is about $100.00 or so.

-Storm

wow purdy.

I need something beutiful like those.

steve

The Legs alone sell for $200-275 on ebay.

Most times they go to Japan or Korea.

Hello all! I am brand new to the forum here and this is my ribbon-cutting post.
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on finding such a beautiful pair of speakers.

If you play them hard you will crack the yellowed and dried out surrounds. If you do some searches here on brake fluid, DOT-3, lans-a-loy, etc. you will find more to read than you could ever want to.

The long and the short of it is that the surrounds on your speakers get brittle with age and need to be rejuvenated or replaced. Either fix has it's benefits and costs, but dealing with those old surrounds on you speakers will yield a dramatic improvement in the bass response and should allow your speakers to bring you even more joy.

Widget

It has been decided. I will be selling these.
    Partly because I really have no room for them and partly because it seems the receiver in my main system has started to crap out on me. I've taken detailed photos of all the components and I am fairly certain that I will be selling the individual components. I will probably list them for auction tomorrow evening unless anyone has a better suggestion (besides "give them to ME")

BTW, you have all been a great help...i really enjoy this forum.

josh

Part them out???

They are not that tough to pack and ship via Greyhound Package Expresss. Or an International bidder will do his part and find a shipping company.

Do not remove components and destroy the whole value.

Good luck, either way.

-Storm.

It has been decided. I will be selling these.
    Partly because I really have no room for them and partly because it seems the receiver in my main system has started to crap out on me. I've taken detailed photos of all the components and I am fairly certain that I will be selling the individual components. I will probably list them for auction tomorrow evening unless anyone has a better suggestion (besides "give them to ME")

BTW, you have all been a great help...i really enjoy this forum.

josh

Who'd have guessed? :dont-know

[seeker/destroyer]

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Part them out???

They are not that tough to pack and ship via Greyhound Package Expresss. Or an International bidder will do his part and find a shipping company.

Do not remove components and destroy the whole value.

Good luck, either way.

-Storm.

Thanks Storm!
    I realize its not that tough to pack them for Greyhound or to have international bidders arrange for their own shipping, but I think parting them will return the best, especially with the legs. BUT, I am very interested in hearing your reasons for thinking this will destroy the whole value. Obviously, it would be easier to just sell them complete.

Also wondering how the 8ohm vs. 16 ohm demand differs.

-j

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    Who'd have guessed? :dont-know

[seeker/destroyer]
    Right, I know. This is the thing here, I basically have a revolving system and bring in better components as I find them. In the case of the JBLs, they just don't out perform my Klipsch Fortes, especially with the wide range of music I listen to, so obviously that is a huge consideration. They really are beautiful and I wish I had a secondary tube based system to play with, but alas...

Thread Information