Thread: Looking for a binding post.

Looking for a binding post.

Hi all, long time lurker but I don't post much. I'm currently restoring some JBL 2482's for a 3-way diy project, and one of the positive spring terminals had been replaced with a screw type. I'm hoping some will know where I can find a factory post, or maybe someone has some spares they are willing to part with. I need a positive, but will take a negative if need be.
    I will post some info and updates on the 3-way project as work progresses. Just got my 2245H's reconed and i'm finishing up these 2482's. I'm also working on building my own tractrix horns currently. Cabinet construction will begin later. Any help is appreciated. Thanx,

Jeremy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Jeremy,

- Here's one OEM manufacturer of those spring loaded binding posts ; Abbatron / HH Smith

- Measure the length of the stud necessary and then order the color of your choice / from the online electronic supply house of your choice .

- Alternately, contact JBL Pro parts and see if they'll sell you a single .

- Note : you'll still need to come up with the rest of the accompanying hardware / if you go the E-Supply House route . ( ie ; 2 collared fiber washers , 6/32 nuts & washers & solder tabs , etc. )

- FWIW ; I take it you need a "Black" binding post / since that's positive for the 2482.
    - New JBL drivers use red as positive. So my point ? :
    - It's a lot easier ( to avoid any misinterpretation ) to just state the color you want .

Thanx for the info.
    I need a red one just like this. The one pictured is off of the other driver. Whoever changed the post had drilled out the cover for a bigger screw type terminal. I have made an insert for the big hole to get it back to stock size. Now I just need to find a red post. I'll even take a black one and paint it if need be. Thanx for your time,

Jeremy

Binding post

You're in luck, I just found one in all my parts, just pm me you're name and address and zipcode. I'll mail it to you in the morning.

Thanx, I just sent you a PM.

Jeremy

Very good Kingjames. I was just about to reply that I had some of those pulled from apair of 4311's around here somewhere.
    Jeremy, just wondering why you are going with the old factory spring type? The gold 3 ways are better and let you use larger wire. Cheap too from parts express.

Rj

Thread Information