Thread: Speaker Re-foaming

Speaker Re-foaming

Hi all,

I have just done my first ever refoams on some PR300's and some 128's. I used Rick Cobbs kit which worked a treat. My question is, why do some of the so-called experts insist on putting the foam on the front of the cone. From my limited experience I dont see how doing it wrong can save any time. I did each of my refoams in about 30 minutes a pop. I am sure evryone has some dealing with foam on the wrong side of the cone. I can higly recomend that you have a go yourself as it is, in my opinion, a very easy task for anyone with the inclination to do it.

Allan.

Refoaming!

HI Allanvh5150,
    This is my 1st post. I found this site while searching for info on how to refoam my JBL L100T's. Can you, (or any other members) recommend places to buy the necessary materials/ or provide tips on how to do this correctly. My L100T's are currently acting as lamp stands. I'm getting my old gear out of storage- Kenwood M2A amp, C2 control amp, KT880 tuner, and a Technics SL-L92 turn table. This gear hasn't pumped out any sound for about 17 years and I am looking forward to getting it up and sounding sweet again. Thank you!

Here is a good old thread that should help you along... there are also others.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...read.php?t=469

Welcome aboard... glad you saved that old gear!

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Here is a good old thread that should help you along... there are also others.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...read.php?t=469

Welcome aboard... glad you saved that old gear!

Widget
    Thank's for the quick and helpful reply. I purchased that gear back in the early 80's. I went out to buy a new "needle" for my old cheapo turn table, and came home with better than 2 grand worth of gear. That went over REALLY big. But everyone at home loved the music.!

refoam

Hi J50, checkout the link that Mr Widget posted. It is a pretty easy job. Drop Rick Cobb an email [email protected] , tell him what you have and I'm sure he will get you what you need. He sends instructions as well.

and, wecome aboard.

Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    Hi J50, checkout the link that Mr Widget posted. It is a pretty easy job. Drop Rick Cobb an email [email protected] , tell him what you have and I'm sure he will get you what you need. He sends instructions as well.

and, wecome aboard.

Allan
    Thank you Allan. I've already ordered the kit for the L100T's from Mr. Cobb. I'm looking forward to getting my old system up and running. I will use the info provided in the 'how to' article. I liked the pictures of the work shop- but what particularly caught my eye was the New Riders of the Purple Sage patch on the right of the picture- one of my favorite records. Can't wait to start spinnin' some of my favorite vinyl's again.
    p.s. I did reference the web site in my order.
    Last edited by j50; 06-25-2007 at 02:44 PM. Reason: addition of post script

Thread Information