Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video projection screens on the cheep!

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    Get a PLASMA!

Allan.
    Do they even make plasma to fit the small, perfectly foamed theatre?
    maybe a nice little 19 or 21 inch Plasma??
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    You can keep plasma! You think I’m joking I’m not, I would have one at any cost, not even for free, now then.

I’m just thinking ahead plasma isn’t bad looking its the weight. My dad said "it two of us to put the 1080 up wall at the school." I figured it was lightweight he explained it to me.

So cheap maybe LCD but it won’t change the fact that the platform has to be built around the JBL 4645 due to its depth!

Anyway some LCD look like PANTS! The lagging the dreadful smearing effect over cost!

I’m surprised the LCD video projector doesn’t lag or have the yucky smearing of an LCD flat screen.

Plus you can’t stick JBL speakers behind these flat screens so what is the point of creating the magic and illusion with flat screen.

And looking at Cape Fear (1991) at 5 feet 11 inches scope this very moment, over 42” inch LCD flat screen that is plagued with lagging I’m more than pleased

“Well, you look good, healthy”
    Sam
    “Thank you. It’s a struggle to stay healthy in the joint”
    Cady
    Cape Fear 1991

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    You can keep plasma! You think I’m joking I’m not, I would have one at any cost, not even for free, now then.

I’m just thinking ahead plasma isn’t bad looking its the weight. My dad said "it two of us to put the 1080 up wall at the school." I figured it was lightweight he explained it to me.
    I would have thought the budget issue trumped everything!
    I know it does for me - I have a working CRT HDTV and until it dies, it'll serve us just fine!
    Its a Philips - bought in Feb 2005- has extended in-home warranty and all of that ...
    if it dies THEY come get it!

Now THAT is a monster - something like 340 lbs
    seems to work quite nicely
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    I would have thought the budget issue trumped everything!
    I know it does for me - I have a working CRT HDTV and until it dies, it'll serve us just fine!
    How many years use has it had so far?

Is that the HD the one in the pictures I thought it was Panasonic I can just make out a long name not legible enough to see clearly?

Probably not.

Hi Ash,

I recently went from a 29"CRT, which I still have and it works perfect even though it is 15 years old, to a 52" Plasma. Dont get Plasma confused with LCD. LCD are better for a smaller screen size although the are getting better. Plasma is much better on the large screen sizes. There is none of the "smear" that you mention with the plasma screen. I am pretty happy with the results and it only cost $1800NZ (650 sterling).

Allan.

p.s. the 52" weighs in at 100lb's but it doesnt matter because it hangs on the wall.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    Hi Ash,

I recently went from a 29"CRT, which I still have and it works perfect even though it is 15 years old, to a 52" Plasma. Dont get Plasma confused with LCD. LCD are better for a smaller screen size although the are getting better. Plasma is much better on the large screen sizes. There is none of the "smear" that you mention with the plasma screen. I am pretty happy with the results and it only cost $1800NZ (650 sterling).

Allan.

p.s. the 52" weighs in at 100lb's but it doesnt matter because it hangs on the wall.
    yeah morning Al

Well this was on a friends that i was seeing this effect. I think I have some pictures of the LCD Samsung 42” his home cinema set-up it’s a few years old now and I’m sure there as been some major improvements. Thou I’ve seen cheap ones at ASDA and the smeared like image is plastered all over the different makes and models???

Unless of course ASDA is getting them from a cheap supplier?

Thread Information