Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rack Systems

JBL 4645
    So after popping over to the Co-Op too get some tropical fruit drink, I looked though the magazine section and picked up “Sound On Sound” and looked though to see if there was anything that would catch my attention.

Found! There’s a place called Thomann based here in the United Kingdom, and I see they have an item called (Millennium SR-Series Studioracks) priced from as low as £66 £75 and £83 pounds. Now I need to do is a little bit more research before buying.

SR-2012 12 U frame £66.00 pounds
    SR-2018 18 U frame £75.00 pounds
    SR-2024 24 U frame £83.00 pounds

Now I need something that will accommodate several Alesis RA300 and one future Alesis RA500 also the DCX2496 and few DEQ2496 when I get around to buying them. Also the rest of the sound system that doesn’t have the fitting frames on the side but they will fit seeing there under in width.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_sr2024.htm

Most defiantly found! And wow what an affordable price as well! Now all I need to do is say yes to this week after this and forget about the third Alesis RA300 and get a rack system and then go for the third Alesis RA300 two weeks after!

Hmm, I think there based over in France or somewhere like that. Well at least I’m on the right tracks.

I think a little more searching around the Internet is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Found! There’s a place called Thomann based here in the United Kingdom, and I see they have an item called (Millennium SR-Series Studioracks) priced from as low as £66 £75 and £83 pounds. Now I need to do is a little bit more research before buying. --- Now I need something that will accommodate several Alesis RA300 and one future Alesis RA500 also the DCX2496 and few DEQ2496 when I get around to buying them.
    Remember what Robbh told me - plan to leave room between your active (powered) gear & get some blank panels with holes punched in them to improve the air flow.

My "Mini Rack" is just a couple short rails I got from Guitar Center, bolted to some scrap Beech shelf material I bought for $1 each at IKEA. I don't have room for a regular roll around rack in the room, and most of my other gear lacks rack mount 'ears" anyway.

I know you don't want fans, but hot air rising will pull cool air in, if there are vent holes.
    Cool gear is happy gear - works better, lower noise and and lasts longer!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Well I have a plan B for that some PC fans and I can set them to be more than whisper quite with a variable voltage controlling the regulation of the voltage flow!

But thanks for the reminder there Heather, what would I do with you.

Well I’ve found this item a Samson SRK21 priced at £84.99 pounds now I wouldn’t mind three or four placed along the sidewall beneath the JBL sidewall surround array on the right-hand side of the room.

Well unless I found something else within the next 10 days I’ll be going for this Samson SRK21, rack system. I’d say I’ll be able to get five or six Alesis RA300 in each unit and maybe the odd DCX2496, the rest of the home cinema equipment will fit, although I might need to make some special modifications. I mean it needs to fit and can you get faceplates to cover gaps up!

Like this .

try middle atlantic products,riverdale new jersey.........it seems a bit more expensive than the stuff you describe but from what ive seen its quality,heavy duty stuff

Ebay can be your friend. I've picked up several racks/cabinets for pennies on the dollar of the orignal price.

interesting how stuff can cost so much new and so little used...........i found a rack about three feet high with a drawer and a power bar for nine dollars.......the wheels alone are worth tripple that

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by matsj View Post
    Like this .
    Now that! Is what I’m talking about presentation!

Quote Originally Posted by mgphoto View Post
    Ebay can be your friend. I've picked up several racks/cabinets for pennies on the dollar of the orignal price.
    Na mate I wont touch Ebay with ten foot cattle prod!

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell View Post
    try middle atlantic products,riverdale new jersey.........it seems a bit more expensive than the stuff you describe but from what ive seen its quality,heavy duty stuff
    You know some kiddie on a different site mentioned that and no I’m not mentioning the sites name they have attitude problems!

Anyway do you have or do you know of any links to suppliers within the United Kingdom because I’ve exhausted all my searching ideas I’ve looked at (Turnkey) and (Digital Village) where I’ve brought my previous products, but the don’t have (Middle Atlantic) racks on there system.

So chaps, I’ve got 11 days and so far the (Samson SRK21) is on the list. Options gentleman, I have 11 days, on 27th Wednesday I’m ordering the Samson, unless someone can find a better make of rack system and taller as well and affordable under £200.00 pounds UK.

Well, don't forget to check this thread - some great ideas there - I like Don's Doublewide rack - very very cool!
    http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...ad.php?t=12863

2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    I found another supplier doing (Samson SRK21) at £74.99
    http://www.makingwavesaudio.com/prodidividual.asp?CategoryID=46

Thanks for the thread link I’ve visited it.

I’ve also found another supplier doing (Samson SRK21) at £74.99
    http://www.makingwavesaudio.com/prodidividual.asp?CategoryID=46

On this side of the pond industrial racks can be had for a song at the end of most swap meets. I don't know if factory modernizations and such are handled the same over there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    On this side of the pond industrial racks can be had for a song at the end of most swap meets. I don't know if factory modernizations and such are handled the same over there or not.
    i guess its the specialized nature of the gear.........they have audio swap meets?

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell View Post
    i guess its the specialized nature of the gear.........they have audio swap meets?
    LOL, I’m certainly not swapping my old Marartz amps if that’s what you’re thinking but I will swap that AIWA that I found for a Samson SRK21 rack!

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    Sorry mate, I wouldn’t know, but I’ve been looking around this evening and found some hits and misses in the price realm. It pays to shop around!

APC has distribution and dealers in the UK. http://www.apc.com

JBL 4645
    mgphoto

Thanks for the link mate, but some of the prices for those fine looking racks where too steep! If I had won the lottery, I might have said yes.

9 days looks like its going to be the Samson SRK21.

Thread Information