Thread: posting problem

posting problem

Hi, I managed to post on the diy forum my first attempt but in trying to reply to a responce the page comes up blank when I click the "submit reply" button and asks me to log in although I can read " Welcome sailor" and also on this page read "Logged in as sailor" Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    Hi, I managed to post on the diy forum my first attempt but in trying to reply to a responce the page comes up blank when I click the "submit reply" button and asks me to log in although I can read " Welcome sailor" and also on this page read "Logged in as sailor" Please help.
    have you ever logged in to this site before, perhaps with another username?

Some folks have been here before, forget their username or password, and tried to create a new ID but then have problems ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

posting problem

Hi Heather, I know what you're saying and no this is my first registration on this forum. Remember I am able to log in, just nothing happens when I click "submit reply". I am going try and send this now, so if it goes off then maybe the problem has resolved itself.
    Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    Hi Heather, I know what you're saying and no this is my first registration on this forum. Remember I am able to log in, just nothing happens when I click "submit reply". I am going try and send this now, so if it goes off then maybe the problem has resolved itself.
    Regards.
    Looks ok to me. I am a way from the site and sometimes things hang for a while when I reply - I always figured it was just a slow connection to the internet from my end - I'm near Washington, DC and things get busy around town here and that can slow our outside connections ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

posting problem

This has just happened again when trying to post on the diy forum. I am loged in, type a reply, hit "submit" and a blank form comes up telling me I am not logged in. I need help here.However posting on "forum issues" seems to work.
    Regards

Okay, I'm just a member here, not a moderator, but to do any kind of troubleshooting I need to know a bit more about your system;

What kind of machine - how much memory?
    (PC - Intel, AMD, or? Mac - G3. G4, G5 Intel?

What Operating system and what version
    (I'm on Mac OSX 10.4.9 - if you are Windows, which one?)

What browser do you use and what version
    (I usually use Firefox 2.0 but sometimes folks use IE 6 or IE7, AOL, or even Opera)

How do you get online?
    Telephone modem, Cable TV Modem, wireless, internet cafe?

It looks to me like sometimes it works for you and sometimes not -...
    more info may help to figure why when it doesn't work ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm not entirely sure of what is going on - kudos Heather for having a go at it.

Bear with us, Sailor. I've reported this and thereby escalated it to the Admin doods. Help is on the way...

In the meanwhile, enjoy Durban (I know I do!!).
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

RIP 2009
    Do you have cookies enabled, which I believe is necessary to remain logged in?

John

The most common reason for this problem is that the cookie for your registration has either been lost or was never issued. Without cookies, your session times out after a fixed period, and if this happens while composing a post, you may be asked to log in again when you submit.

To resolve both, ensure that cookies are enabled by examining your browser's option settings. Most importantly, make sure that the check box next to "Remember Me" on the login form is filled when you log in. It is this check box that allows the cookie to be issued.
    Regards

Don McRitchie

posting problem

Hi everybody, I played with the cookie settings and checked the "remember me" box as suggested. This seems to have solved the problem as I successfully managed to post on the diy forum. Many thanks to those kind people who took time to respond to a niggling problem.
    Regards.

Thread Information