Thread: new here with pair of mint 4333A

new here with pair of mint 4333A

hi all, I am new here after a purchase of a superbeautiful mint pair of 4333A on ebay, germany some weeks ago. the speakers are connected to a new mcintosh tubeamp MA2275. the sound is great allthough cdp and turntable are still not really matching. turntable is a thorens 320 and next week a naim cdx cdplayer will join the ensemble. find a photo attatched. I happen to look for a pair of frontcovers, as they were not included with the speakers. the 2 acoustic lenses are not mounted but I have them.
    best,
    darius from berlin, germany
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome

A beautiful set of speakers. I would love to own them.

Welcome to the forum.

RIP 2009
    Beautiful speakers - congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by berlinhifi View Post
    I happen to look for a pair of frontcovers, as they were not included with the speakers.
    Your best bet may be to simply build your own. It shouldn't be too hard to put a frame together out of wood, and use velcro to attach it - the design/construction would be very straightforward with that model, and at least look original once the frame was covered with grille cloth. Of course, it wouldn't have a nameplate, but reproduction ones are sometimes available. Look up member named Zilch here if you do something like this - he sourced some rolls of original JBL blue grille cloth and has made it available to forum members, so at least that issue would be covered.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    Zilch-he sourced some rolls of original JBL blue grille cloth, so at least that issue would be covered.
    John
    Literally!

Welcome BerlinHiFi to LH!! You obviously have some very nice monitors there and wish you the best in getting the missing pieces completed.

FYI, the outer front grille badges may still be available from JBLPRO parts here in the US (through your German distributor or maybe from one of us here stateside) if you don't mind them being labeled 4331B.

60176-12 NAMEPLATE, 4331B $ 2 3.24 USD EA

Bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Welcome aboard. Looks like you are off to a very good start, very nice speakers. Let the fun begin, and the toys build up.........

Jeff
    J/S-S1A
    Jeff-S1A

Nice speakers. You will find that they will sound better than most of the direct radiators.

Great looking gear, Berlinhifi

Quote Originally Posted by berlinhifi View Post
    hi all, I am new here after a purchase of a superbeautiful mint pair of 4333A on ebay, germany some weeks ago. the speakers are connected to a new mcintosh tubeamp MA2275. the sound is great allthough cdp and turntable are still not really matching. turntable is a thorens 320 and next week a naim cdx cdplayer will join the ensemble. find a photo attatched. I happen to look for a pair of frontcovers, as they were not included with the speakers. the 2 acoustic lenses are not mounted but I have them.
    best,
    darius from berlin, germany
    Personally, I would feel more comfortable if you got your gear on an audio rack and off that electric piano.

Stunning

Welcome,

I have found my 4333a's sound better about 150mm off the floor. I'm making grills at the moment for my 4345's and 4333a's . It would be quite easy to machine another pair. I also have the proper blue grill cloth .
    P.M me if your interested,
    Greetz ,Rich

so far...

Quote Originally Posted by JBLRaiser View Post
    Personally, I would feel more comfortable if you got your gear on an audio rack and off that electric piano.
    thanks for the warm welcome so far! and yes, I will as soon as possible look for a propper rack for the nice and very heavy mcintosh....
    best
    darius

Thread Information