I have just returned from a week of business in Tokyo Japan where I always make some time to visit to Akihabra, electric town, to gaze at everything electriconic. From computers to cell phones to component parts. What caught my interest on this trip was all of the new JBL consumer products on display which I have never seen before. One of the shops had a pair of K2 S9800 at the top of the escalator. Close enough to almost walk into. Unfortunatly they were not hooked up. They also had the S5800 and the new S4000 on display. I secured a JBL Japanese catalog and found an interesting item. The 1500Al driver is available for 200,000 yen, the 435Be is 150,000 yen. There is a very interesting tweeter assembly the UT-045Be ,for placement atop the speaker, for a mere 500,000 yen. One US dollar will buy 103 yen as of this writing. The next shop had a pair of 4434 MkII in the entrance with a pair of new 4348 4 ways. I found a great speaker building shop with everything you need to spin a box. They stocked JBL and TAD. I picked up some very nice terminals for crossovers made by a company in Japan by the name of Tritec.
I would be more than happy to send the Japanese catalog to someone who would post it on this site for all to share. Let me know by PM. Best Regards, Dennis