Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL ES Series

Arrow JBL ES Series

This is not yet announced on the JBL Website, but I've seen this info floating around for a while.

The tweeters are supposed to be better than current drivers, and, look, they have wood (like) cabinets for all you "I don't like black" folks.

http://crunchgear.com/2007/01/24/jbl...ries-speakers/

A picture's worth...

Not the entire line as the floor standers are not pictured.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A similar look with different verbiage.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-ente...ing-231424.php

I dunno, they still look a bit "naff" to me.

Give me a set of naked 250Ti's or 44xx any day.

Based on the small amount of info given here, it looks like more of a repackaging than anything else, of both the Northridge E Series and the Studio L Series.

http://dlgear.com/audio/detail,53719...-speakers.html

Further explanation of the HF drivers is here:http://www.enjoythemusic.com/news/0307/

Scroll down to 03/02/07 for more info, plus there's some Everest II info right below it.

The tower has some old and some new. The dual woofers and single midrange look like standard issue PolyPlas drivers, but the double EOS Waveguide for the HF and UHF is a first.

The cabinet sports those goofy feet.

The baffle flowing up and back to become the top is, well, ...what it is.

The tower is $500 ($1000 for a pair).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As the heir apparent to the Northridge E Series (no longer on the jbl.com Web site), the ES Series is definitely positioned above the entry-level Venue Series.

One obvious omission is the lack of an E50 replacement large bookshelf, which was a very nice speaker. Also, there is no EC35 replacement, leaving the center channel duties limited to a two-way design.

WOODBURY, NY – JBL today announced the introduction of its ES Series loudspeakers, a complete lineup of home theater and stereo models that combines upgraded performance with uniquely elegant design. Successor to JBL’s acclaimed Northridge™ E Series, JBL ES Series loudspeakers utilize technologies employed in the company’s professional recording studio monitors to deliver exceptional sound quality, and are available in a variety of attractive finishes to complement any home entertainment system and décor.

The JBL ES Series making its debut at CES 2007 includes eight models: a wall-mount/bookshelf monitor (ES10); two compact bookshelf loudspeakers (ES20, ES30); two floorstanding tower speakers (ES80, ES90); a dedicated center channel loudspeaker (ES25C); and two powered subwoofers (ES150P and ES250P). Suggested retail prices for ES Series loudspeakers range from $349 per pair to $1,098 per pair.

JBL ES Series: Elegant Design and Exceptional Performance

ES Series loudspeakers feature distinctive new styling – tapered enclosures, a unified center section, and a front baffle that curves into the top surface – that blends classic and contemporary design elements. The center section is accented by contrasting side panels. The ES Series is available in a choice of stunning finishes, including black with a platinum center section; beech with a charcoal center; and cherry with a charcoal center; all have black grilles.

To achieve their superlative performance, ES Series loudspeakers incorporate a number of advanced JBL technologies, including a new ultrahigh-frequency transducer that provides extended frequency response to 40kHz, to deliver open, smooth and detailed high-frequency reproduction with a more natural quality of spaciousness over a wide listening area.

The ultrahigh-frequency transducer is complemented by a titanium-laminate tweeter made from titanium deposited on a lightweight substrate, for high rigidity, in addition to exceptional resolution and transient response. The ultrahigh-frequency transducer and tweeter are both mounted in waveguides that deliver the same frequency response off-axis as they do on-axis, and direct sound toward the listening area, rather than off the side walls, for precise imaging and localization.

ES Series woofers and midrange drivers feature cones made from JBL’s proprietary PolyPlas™ polymer-coated-cellulose-fiber cone material, which combines the sonic neutrality of paper with the added rigidity and damping of the PolyPlas treatment to attenuate cone resonances, provide a smooth frequency response with faster transients, and allow higher playback levels without distortion. The woofers incorporate a host of additional enhancements such as JBL’s HeatScape™ motor structure, which provides efficient heat dissipation for accurate driver performance, even during high-volume playback.

All models, including the subwoofers, incorporate JBL’s FreeFlow™-port technology, which utilizes a specially shaped bass port that is tuned to the woofer and enclosure for extended low-frequency response and improved efficiency. To ensure maximum clarity, ES Series loudspeakers utilize JBL’s Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP) crossover network, which employs a minimum of parts to ensure sonic purity.

JBL’s ES Series models feature high-strength, high-density enclosures, braced and damped to attenuate vibration and unwanted cabinet colorations; in addition, the tapered shape of the enclosures provides additional sonic benefits. All models except the ES150P and ES250P subwoofers are magnetically shielded, and include five-way binding posts to facilitate use with any type of speaker cable. The ES20, ES30, ES80 and ES90 also have dual sets of terminals for bi-wiring or bi-amping, if desired.

The ES Series offers a wealth of installation options to accommodate any home theater or music system. The ES10 compact bookshelf monitor can be mounted on a wall, and is supplied with built-in wall-mount brackets to facilitate its use in a wide variety of custom-installation, designer and architectural applications. The ES25C center channel loudspeaker may be placed on top of or below a TV set or on a shelf, and the ES80 and ES90 floorstanding towers have an elegantly proportioned, slim profile that enables them to easily fit into a home entertainment system. The 10-inch, 250-watt ES150P and 12-inch, 300-watt ES250P subwoofers include a full complement of inputs and controls to achieve optimum low-frequency response in any installation.

JBL ES Series loudspeakers will be available in late spring 2007.

MJC
    The towers might be good, for that price level, but the rest of the series looks way too wimpy for my taste.
    For this guy's house, only large speakers need apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyoz View Post
    I dunno, they still look a bit "naff" to me.

Give me a set of naked 250Ti's or 44xx any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post
    The towers might be good, for that price level, but the rest of the series looks way too wimpy for my taste.
    For this guy's house, only large speakers need apply.
    In all fairness, I don't think you are the target demographic. In fact most people on this site would not be.

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    In all fairness, I don't think you are the target demographic. In fact most people on this site would not be.
    True, that speaker line is for someone is living in an apartment, with limited space, or a small budget.
    I've got the space, just not the budget for the speakers I would really like to have.

I think those boys over on AVS would generally be more in the market demographic that JBL sets for these. I'm thinking it would step them up from the Venue stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I think those boys over on AVS would generally be more in the market demographic that JBL sets for these. I'm thinking it would step them up from the Venue stuff.
    I agree!

Ill take my Studio L's over these any day

Although not mentioned in that artical, there's also the ES100.

ES90

ES80

Thread Information