Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it low, or tacky, to list you own ebay items in the marketplace?

What we all have to remember here is that items offered to members is a gift of sorts and not a requirement.Sometimes members here think they should get items cheaper than other people and in most cases this is true. No one has to sell their stuff cheaper here if that is their intent and because it is posted here doesn't mean it's gonna be cheaper.

I would hope that the marketplace is one of the area's or the fringe benefits of a contribution to this site.I have sold a few item's to members cheaper than I could have gotten on ebay but I was able to do it on those items because I made up for it on other items. Sometimes I am not able to do this because their is no profit.

I already know that if I post something here for sale it is expected to go cheaper than it would go on Ebay,why is that?I don't post much stuff here anyway and the stuff that I do I offer it is for what I paid for it or a little over such as my XPL140's.

The consensus on this forum is that we as members should get it cheaper and sometimes that's just not possible.

I see nothing wrong with posting items in the marketplace for sale as it still gives us the first oppurtunity to get these items even if the asking price is the same as listed on Ebay. A hard to find part or a much needed part can in most case's be bought this way but don't expect to get it cheaper just because you're a member of this site.

This is why most members here post on Ebay because of the expectations of some of the members here.

I enjoy this site very much and have little knowledge of the basic workings of speakers so I am not able to talk someone through a DIY project and I have received help from this forum on some issues that I had concerning my wares.I do appreciate the help that I have received and sometimes I feel I need to give back to the forum for this, notice I said the forum not the members.

I think if the expectations of cheaper prices is removed you will see some hard to find parts listed here first but the way things are now they will always land on Ebay under a different name.

Moderator's please delete if you feel this is off topic.

Obsolete

Is it low, or tacky, to list you own ebay items in the marketplace?

Oh hell no! Why would it be? I view it as giving a heads up to this forum. I realize some guys have Lansing Heritage, AudioKarma, AV Forum, Klipsch Forum and eBay all open at the same time 24/7/365 and they aren't going to miss anything but the rest of us might only be on one site at a time and only during certain times of the day so if we see it here 1st and then go to eBay that's fine. I personally appreciate the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsoundz View Post
    I know most members of this forum are not willing/wanting to pay what I asked for my 076 JBL's. so I didn't bother posting them.
    That's not in your best interest. It's not in anyone elses either. Perhaps you don't have an appreciation for the worldwide draw this website has. Maybe you're only paying attention to the ten to twenty guys that blog this site and you are drawing an incorrect conclusion.

Thread Information