Thread: Perreaux 6000B

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Perreaux 6000B

As usual i decide I want something before researching sufficiently enough and purchase the perfect XXXX. In this case it is the the Perreaux 6000b amp.

1st didn't know it was fan cooled, not a deal breaker but changes the home design some, ok a lot (moving equipment to the basement, drilling holes in floor, but hiding much equipment is good)

2nd all connectors are XLR. the inputs are 1 male and 1 female per channel. No problem, purchased standard adapters for each , now have 4 input connections. They are labeled on the unit pin 1 "earth", 2 "-VE", 3 "+VE"

Outputs are 4 male XLR, nobody has heard of that and says they are proprietary. they are labeled pin 1 "-VE", 2 "0", 3 "+VE".

I would like to get all 4 outputs to 2 wires or 1 piece 2 connector banana plug to bi-wire the 250's

Something about shielding to ground doesn't match the XLR connectors in stock. They recommend buying buying plain connectors and making my own ends. they were out of stock. My question is can't I just solder wires to + - pins on the connectors to make 2 wire outputs on the plain connectors? I got confused at them talking about grounded shielding...even on the ones I make...

Thanks

Mark

Please move to appropriate location , i was paying more attention to what i wrote then where , sorry !!!
    Last edited by opimax; 05-20-2007 at 07:04 AM. Reason: please move thread

Thread Information