Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re: what is color (or colour)

Re: what is color (or colour)

Not complaining. May later but not right now. Are we being closely monitored lest we should stray off topic? Like, keep it to business, there will be no socializing here, unless you can cleverly sneak it in around the tech and money talk and such? Also, can anyone with the moderator title decide the masses are having too much fun and shut down a thread? Do you run shifts? Do some of you enjoy shutting down threads a little more than others so that there are times when the rules (I thought I had read them and I missed what "color" got shut down over) are a bit more slack than others? Like I said I'm not really complaining, I'm just trying to get a feel for how things have changed. If it was my thread then maybe I would have complained.

RIP 2009
    I think "color" got closed because Romy the Cat was starting to come across as insulting to many, without backing up his claims, which was starting to elicit like responses from other members. I for one don't see any value in the continuation of that type of thread...

John

I thought I had picked up on what was taking place better than I had. Still, I'll be surprised if closing that thread fixes the problem, but I don't wish to predict failure so let's wait and see and hope for good.

Are we being closely monitored lest we should stray off topic?
    The central scrutunizer is always watching

there will be no socializing here
    Yes these are forums for socializing but your not allowed to post

Also, can anyone with the moderator title decide the masses are having too much fun and shut down a thread?
    Yes and no, it depends on the type of Moderator and if they are a Moderator for that particular forum. We try not too but it depends on the overall direction a thread is going in.

Do you run shifts?
    Yes but not buy design. This is an International Forum

Do some of you enjoy shutting down threads a little more than others so that there are times when the rules (I thought I had read them and I missed what "color" got shut down over) are a bit more slack than others?
    No and No

Like I said I'm not really complaining, I'm just trying to get a feel for how things have changed.
    Just trying to stay on more audio based topics. We actually let that thread go too long as it started to get ugly. Shame really.

Rob

COLORATION IN ROOM IMPULSE RESPONSES

http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/asf/bnam...papers/o23.pdf

The above is a link to a well thought out paper on the subject of Coloration. The definitions at least should keep this thread short and sweet.

For those who wish to learn more on the research side of subject I would encourage more readings as there are numerous papers in the AES Journals by E Geddes, M Schroeder and and many others.

It should be noted these papers are not pure academia but serious scientific investigations that often lead to real world applications.

Romy the Cat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    COLORATION IN ROOM IMPULSE RESPONSES

http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/asf/bnam...papers/o23.pdf

The above is a link to a well thought out paper on the subject of Coloration. The definitions at least should keep this thread short and sweet.

For those who wish to learn more on the research side of subject I would encourage more readings as there are numerous papers in the AES Journals by E Geddes, M Schroeder and and many others.

It should be noted these papers are not pure academia but serious scientific investigations that often lead to real world applications.
    Actually what those “serious scientific investigations” do not lead to the “world of real applications” but to a situation when audio people instead of being benefited by the “researches” go to junk yards and pull from there 50-years old colored pieces of a loudspeaking crap and prefer to have THAT severely colored speaker in their listening rooms. The numerous AES papers explain the subject as much as analyzing bowl movement teaches the art of culinary. The tonal blindness and color importance of many contemporary audio solutions is a great evidence (if a person has no own mind to see numerous mistaken presumptions in the paper above) how incorrect the incorrect comprehension might be. It is simple to reject the language of Reality. It is simple to embrace the parallel language of surrogate actuality and then embellish up irrelevant sand castles built upon of really disassociation. It is even simpler to go to some kind primitivism-inhabited community and demonstrate to them that the primitivism might be “short and sweet”. Sure why not….

For whoever do have brain I would remind the intricate essence of the original question: “could the coloration be measured”. Everyone agree that it is very simple to measure coloration but how to interpret the result of this measurement? Here is what all AES papers along with the “surrogate wisdom” should be rolled is a very narrow tube and suck what they belong. Now it is your turn, the giggling, to think about the answer.

Rgs,
    Romy the Cat

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    I think "color" got closed because Romy the Cat was starting to come across as insulting to many, without backing up his claims, which was starting to elicit like responses from other members. I for one don't see any value in the continuation of that type of thread...

John
    Yes John.

Thom: I'm sorry if the closure message was to short.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

im a tad concerned myself...............again the masses have been punished for the actions of one.why not suspend the cat guy and allow the thread to run its course.............its a legit topic in a speaker forum

and on another subject,does the software permit an option where a poster could opt for a reply with a built in time limit or self destruct.the post could be read while it is topical and disappear later to unclutter the tech stuff thus satisfying the diy guys

again the masses have been punished for the actions of one.why not suspend the cat guy and allow the thread to run its course.............its a legit topic in a speaker forum
    That's a good point I will delete the offending posts and reopen it.

Rob

You might wonder why I posted these images.

Well its about as sensible as allowing Romy to continue post..

You'd think in term of recent events there would be a degree of sensitivity to those who might well be members of the AES and be reading these forums. I dare not make reference to ""Improvements in studio monitors""

Yep - it seemed like this thread would make a fast slide into the kitty litter once Romy popped into here ... if its not for the unsubstantiated claims and derogatory intent - its just plain bad writing ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    Not complaining. May later but not right now. Are we being closely monitored lest we should stray off topic?
    I've moved your thread to the Forum Issues area as it seems to be about the management of the forum rather than any particular audio topic.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell View Post
    ........again the masses have been punished for the actions of one.why not suspend the cat guy and allow the thread to run its course.............its a legit topic in a speaker forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    That's a good point I will delete the offending posts and reopen it.

Rob
    Thanks Rob.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    if this is what you call "not existing level of most members here" ?
    I say.....all

HP
    Hi, Hanspeter...

Agreed. Remember, posters define themselves by the content and style of their posts.

This rubbish is being tolerated only to the extent of us allowing the poster to establish hisself as someone having something legitimate to offer, rather than as mere poseur contributing only their irrelevant and pious disruptions to-date.

I assure you all, we have the capacity to deal with this, but are exercising due restraint - to a point.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    Agreed. Remember, posters define themselves by the content and style of their posts.
    If true then that makes me right and some of these guys are really scary. Let's sincerely hope and pray that posting styles and content are more a product of English classes gone bad or quick and dirty posting as opposed to specific personal definitions.
    Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    This rubbish is being tolerated only to the extent of us allowing the poster to establish hisself as someone having something legitimate to offer, rather than as mere poseur contributing only their irrelevant and pious disruptions to-date.
    I don't agree with that tact at all. The guy has issues (he's just a cat fer cryin' out loud!) and allowing him to publish them on an international forum that JBL also reads doesn't sit well with me. Ban him, delete his posts. And don't get bogged down explaning your actions to anyone either.

Thread Information