Well here goes my first post to what appears to be a first class collection of collecters. I've read much here and admired from afar but now it's time to jump in and share my lack of knowledge (but interest) with the experts.
I've recently taken possession of a mono system my dad created back in the 50's. It's comprised of a Heathkit W-5M amp, pre-amp, and AM tuner that drive a D-130 and 075 tweeter in an Electro-Voice Regency (folded horn) cabinet. The crossover is also an Electro-Voice spec'd at 3500hz. The cabinet was built from plans he purchased and is made of solid birch. A matching birch entertainment center contains the electronic components. Everything is MINT-MINT as we kids were never allowed to touch any of it. I have all of the original literature including sales receipts and personal notes created during the build-up. (A nuclear engineer in the 50's working on follow-up activities to the Manhattan project always kept meticulous records!).
So fast forward to the new Millenium...
I've got this equipment that has collector value and apparently accoustical value as well and I plan to duplicate (with improvements) the components and speaker cabinet to get the stereo sound we desire today. I have no knowledge of what to expect with sound quality but am hopeful that with the help of you forum "brothers", I can make the most of what I have.
So here's what we have to work with:
2 - D130's (1 orig, 1 recent purchase getting reconed w/JBL kit)
2 - 2440's w/new 2441 diaphragms (both recent purchase)
1 - 075 tweeter (1 orig, 1 recent purchase - has red wax plug on back of magnet - what's that all about?)
1 - Heathkit W-5M tube amp and pre-amp
1 - Carver CT-7 pre-amp/tuner
1 - Hafler 220 amp
I'll be needing help selecting best crossovers and am considering an electronic crossover as I think the Hafler 220 could drive the D130's, while the W-5M's (one still needed) drive the 2440's and 075's. I'm also considering a slightly different tweeter (2405's?) due to their extended range and imaging.

I think I'll stop here and solicit your input/direction now. Thanks for your consideration and thoughts. I look forward to engaging in dialog with you and exploring the many possibilities achievable with this great equipment. Thanks - Max.