Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4333 / S300 / L300 equivalent bandbass circuit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Obsolete

Lightbulb 4333/S300/L300 equivalent bandbass circuit

I have managed to come up with an equivalent bandpass circuit for the 4333/S300/L300 which negates the need to use the very expensive and hard to find tapped autotransformer.

If anyone is interested I will post the schematic.

Has anyone thought of using charge coupled technology in their 4333/S300/L300's?

If anyone is interested I will post that schematic as well.

Smile I am

Hi Giskard

I'm always interested in seeing these circuits, especially transformed/equivalent types .

regards <. Earl K

Obsolete

Re: 4333/S300/L300 equivalent bandbass circuit

Here is the schematic.

It's voltage drive is a dead ringer for the original voltage drive as measured on December 16th, 1975.

Most of the components are available from Parts Express. The LF inductor is the 14 gauge perfect layer wound air core. For those who like the signature JBL bass hump at ~ 30 Hz you may need to tune the enclosure up a couple of Hz. All the MF inductors are the 18 gauge perfect layer wound air cores.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

L300/4333 x-over

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Here is the schematic.

It's voltage drive is a dead ringer for the original voltage drive as measured on December 16th, 1975.

Most of the components are available from Parts Express. The LF inductor is the 14 gauge perfect layer wound air core. For those who like the signature JBL bass hump at ~ 30 Hz you may need to tune the enclosure up a couple of Hz. All the MF inductors are the 18 gauge perfect layer wound air cores.
    Hi
    I was just wondering what the x-over point are? and are all drivers meant to be 16ohm or 8 ohm?
    Several people seem happy with this combo, so I think I will try to build it.
    Vern

L300 Crossover

I have built this crossover and all my drivers are 8 ohm. Do I have to change anything? Odd

Here is the schematic.

Crossovers are designed to work into a certain load. What happens with a particular change in any particular situation may be a little unpredictable, since most crossovers are tweeked empirically after the math is all done. The 2405/077 tweeters are all about 10 or 12 ohms, whether they are labeled 16 or 8--it doesn't matter--they are all the same. The crossover is designed for that, so you are ok there. It might be worth your while to get 16 ohm diaphragms for your 2420's. The difference in impedance will likely effect a change in the high pass and low pass crossover frequencies for the horn. Getting new diaphragms of the impedance the crossover is designed for will be a whole hell of a lot easier than redesigning the crossover.

Assuming an 8 ohm nominal value for the 2231A/H or 136A/H at crossover point, could one sub in the 2235H or other woofer (like a 2245?) if the impedence were similar?

I would also assume the Zoebel may have to be adjusted if the woofer coil inductance is different.

Bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Hi Bart.

2235H? I thought that was the current L300 replacement suggestion.

In general, I would think the answer to your question is: it depends...

A nearly matching impedance (curve) is not necessarily
    sufficient (sensitivity, power handling, audio frequency response, ...)

Yes yes, first post and I'm reviving the dead and buried
    But why start a new thread when this one is perfect.

I'm renovating a pair of home built speakers (2215h/2420/2405) and will be using this crossover so kindly supplied by 4313B.
    But I have one question.
    As I don't have the variable L pads, could you guide me as to a suitable fixed resistor solution for both the mid and tweeter pads please ?
    Thank you.

Here is the schematic.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManWagon View Post
    Yes yes, first post and I'm reviving the dead and buried
    But why start a new thread when this one is perfect.

I'm renovating a pair of home built speakers (2215h/2420/2405) and will be using this crossover so kindly supplied by 4313B.
    But I have one question.
    As I don't have the variable L pads, could you guide me as to a suitable fixed resistor solution for both the mid and tweeter pads please ?
    Thank you.
    Welcome to the forum... can't help with the specific question, but you need a different network since you are using the LE15A/2215 woofers instead of the 136A/2231A that this network is designed for.

Widget

Obsolete

4333/S300/L300 with charge coupled tech

4333/S300/L300 with charge coupled technology

Beauty!
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Charge coupled cirquitry for the S3100

I'm the happy owner of four S3100, but nevertheless on the look-out for improvements, so I would like so see the charge coupled cirquitry for this model.

Thanks Rob !

<. Earl K

Obsolete

Re: Charge coupled cirquitry for the S3100

Alrighty then!
    Here's the stock schematic.
    Last edited by 4313B; 05-15-2003 at 05:37 AM.

Thread Information