Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spamatazoa

spamatazoa

it seems that the spammers have found a way to re enter the general info space as soon as one is zapped.i wonder if a few volunteers should have moderator authority but restrict themselves to filtering out this stuff........

I'm not sure if that is possible... we will be dealing with this problem though... it is simply that at present several of us have been rather distracted by life outside of the forum.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I'm not sure if that is possible... we will be dealing with this problem though... it is simply that at present several of us have been rather distracted by life outside of the forum.

Widget
    NO! Say it isn't SO Mr Widget!!

You need some better dedicated folks (or is that desicated people ...)
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post

Widget
    well i understand that the software allows for no division of moderating authority but i would think that self restraint would do it.if one of these sub mods found a post that appeared to violate the forum regulations they could merely inform the uber mods.there is life outside?

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell View Post
    if one of these sub mods found a post that appeared to violate the forum regulations they could merely inform the uber mods
    Thats already possible.
    When you see a SPAM post - go to the LEFT column for that post and click the triangle with the RED exclamation point. When the report box comes up, just type SPAM ALERT. Apparently it works like a forward to the Mods - so it lets them know there are bad messages in the forum.

What do you mean ... outside?
    you mean beyond the glass screen where the electrons dance?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

We are getting new members at the rate of about 15 a day many of which are Spammers. We need to change the Registration process but I am not comfortable enough with the Control Panel. We already have a plan but need Don to help implement it. I have been screening new Members and deleting the obvious spammers. We still have no defense for a spammer that comes in and posts immediately. The change in Registration should go a long way in stopping that.

Rob

Rob

I know you're putting a lot of time into forum-related matters.

Thanks.

Doug

Spammers

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    We are getting new members at the rate of about 15 a day many of which are Spammers. We need to change the Registration process but I am not comfortable enough with the Control Panel. We already have a plan but need Don to help implement it. I have been screening new Members and deleting the obvious spammers. We still have no defense for a spammer that comes in and posts immediately. The change in Registration should go a long way in stopping that.

Rob
    Hi All you spammed people out there...

we try all to protect you from these spammers.
    I look like a hawk, seeing new names....in most cases the registration name shows that soon a spam comes (mostly in the general forum)
    They don't have a chance for more than minutes or max one hour to exist here. Till now the Mods work seems ok I think.....

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post

I look like a hawk, seeing new names....in most cases the registration name shows that soon a spam comes (mostly in the general forum)
    They don't have a chance for more than minutes or max one hour to exist here. Till now the Mods work seems ok I think.....

HP
    I think you guys do a great job.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post

HP
    Bless your hearts! You guys work REAL hard and we DO thank you for all your hard work!

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Bless your hearts! You guys work REAL hard and we DO thank you for all your hard work!
    thanks also to you Heather-Spam-police, for your numerous links

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

I zap, and re-zap spammers.

I get 5 a day approximately. And we do keep the house clean, every thread one of you guys informs us about gets dumped.

Compared to other forums with no membership screening, our forum remains relatively clean, and spam free. So many spammers are very obvious so its easy for me to zap em before they even make their first post.

scottyj

- I'll resuggest that temporarily closing the doors to all new registrants / until the new registration procedure is in place / is always an option / if you guys get sick of zapping .

Then the inbreeding will start Earl.......What else can we do? We must have new blood!

Earl I'm just kidding. Actualy this place has been pretty lucky compared to other boards. I don't know why. I think that the Mods deserve a lot of credit.

while the mods do a great job at filtering out this stuff i just thought that a few more bodies with the pencil would relieve some of the load.we are not terribly innundated with spam but i figgered that if the first guy that saw the stuff could deal with it right then and there the moderators would not have to spend as much time at it..........

Thread Information